Installing Poser Pro 11 on the Mac

• Hi Everybody,

I have not been able to install Poser Pro 11 on the Mac.  I enter my serial number and use Smith Micro download manager and it installs Poser 11 - not the Pro. 

I had Poser 11 installed previously and I put it in the trash to get rid of it. Perhaps there is some system variable that has to be cleared? 

On a Windows machine I had the same problem which was solved by starting to re-install Poser Pro 2014, cancelling and then installing Poser Pro 11.  That strategy has not worked on the Mac. 

Any ideas?

• As I understand it the program is all in one download and which serial number you enter will unlock the version you have. So if you have the program loaded on your machine you should start it up and once you get in go to Help-> Personalize which should pop up with the product Registration dialog. Put in your information and at the top Serial number enter the one you have for the Pro version. Most likely it will have the serial number for your Poser 11 in the serial number field. If it is an upgrade you may have to copy that number down to the Previous Serial Number field.

• If I'm understanding correctly you upgraded from Poser 11 to Poser Pro 11 correct?
    The Smith Micro Download manager doesn't care about previous serial number versions. Only the registration once you've installed the program does. When you first launch the Smith Micro Download Manager, enter you're new serial for Poser Pro 11. It'll give you the downloads for that version. One you've downloaded and installed, when you try to launch PP11 for the first time, it will want both serial numbers there. It actually doesn't care if you have both versions installed or not. For instance I upgraded from Poser Pro 2014 and I still have that installed as well so I can check backwards compatibility with previous versions of Poser.

• @richard60 said in Installing Poser Pro 11 on the Mac:

So if you have the program loaded on your machine you should start it up and once you get in go to Help-> Personalize which should pop up with the product Registration dialog. Put in your information and at the top Serial number enter the one you have for the Pro version. Most likely it will have the serial number for your Poser 11 in the serial number field. If it is an upgrade you may have to copy that number down to the Previous Serial Number field.

That's exactly right. Following those steps should address the issue.

• Thank you all for you help.

I tried the Personalize inputs as suggested, but it didn't immediately solve it.

The thing that finally worked was DeActivate. I had to DeActivate and then Personalize with the old and new serial numbers.

Thanks again, I appreciate your taking the time to help.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.