Can you preview changing fill color?

• Thank you for the software. It is really neat! I own Clip Studio Paint Pro. :)

I want to color an outlined shape in my drawing. If I use the fill tool, I can dump color into it. I have also learned I can create a fill layer and then change the color of that layer.

However, I am not sure what color I want the shape to be. I pop up the color window, then close it and look at my drawing. If I don't like it, I pop up the color window again, and close it again. Then I pop it up again, etc.

Is there any way to preview how my drawing will look with a color? I want to be able to click somewhere in the color picker and have the drawing immediately update the filled shape. I don't know if there is such an option, or a technique that I am not aware of.

• I don't think there is a way to preview a fill.... but if you fill with your first guess and then change the color using the tonal correction effects ( edit>tonal correction) then these do give you preview of the resultant color. The simplest one would be the Hue/Saturation/Luminosity setting... just slide the Hue control. but also the color balance or the Tone curve would also work .

• @888toto said in Can you preview changing fill color?:

I don't think there is a way to preview a fill.... but if you fill with your first guess and then change the color using the tonal correction effects ( edit>tonal correction) then these do give you preview of the resultant color. The simplest one would be the Hue/Saturation/Luminosity setting... just slide the Hue control. but also the color balance or the Tone curve would also work .

Thanks for the reply! I did see that the correction effects can work on a selection and have a preview. That's better than nothing if no alternative exists.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.