Fill vector shape?

• @uncle808us What they "could do" is add vector masks to define those fills. Won't happen though.

• CSP is not just some cheap alternative photoshop/illustrator... they attempt to differentiate the product by delivering different strengths and capabilities. A conventional Vector drawing program would not be capable of the types of complex vector lines that CSP can do. It is in effect a raster spray along a re-definable vector path. I am not surprised that such a line is not simple to auto-fill. In fact I doubt the way that line is stored in memory would support the concept of auto-fill. However I would have thought that by now they would at least have got the Lasso-Draw tool to give filled shaped on a vector layer.

• @888toto Though thinking about this now, one could get a vector fill. Instead of drawing a vector, draw a balloon with the balloon pen.

• @laura.seabrook said in Fill vector shape?:

@888toto Though thinking about this now, one could get a vector fill. Instead of drawing a vector, draw a balloon with the balloon pen.

The drawback with using the balloon tool is that all overlapping lines merge.
    So usually it can only be used i limited cases.

Mic

• @Micmac It's a workaround, not a solution. You do the same thing you do to avoid merging balloons - you put the lines on different layers, rather than on the same layer.

• For Laura

Hi Laura

Im trying to discover the use of balloons better.

Do you have some workflow tips that you use?

Thanks
    Mic

• @Micmac I did some tutorials a while back on DeviantArt. This is Part 1 of the Text/Balloon tutorial. I should probably review and update a lot of these tutorials.

• I always use a raster layer with a bucket that is set to fill from reference layer and have my vector layer set as reference.
    Only problem is, I sometimes forget to switch layers back to the vector after filling and start drawing on the raster layer when I want vector lines on the vector layer.

Any workflow suggestions to prevent myself from making this mistake? I am thinking about making the reference layer a dark blue layer under layer properties, so it will be dark enough to see how it will look filled, but blue enough that I notice I am drawing on the wrong layer. But open to suggestions to make the best of what we have (which really, we have a great piece of software that I love).

• @laura.seabrook

Thank you Laura... I actually meant how to use balloons as vector layer.

Mic

• @Micmac That was in Part 3. It's a work around though. Don't expect Photoshop shapes or anything much.