Poser Lighting question...

• Does anyone know if it is possible to restrain a light? In other words, let's say I want a light to ONLY move forwards and backwards in a scene. Is it possible to restrain that light so that it can only be moved along the Z axis?

• Same way you restrain anything in Poser, edit the settings on the axes you want controlled. In your case, edit the X and Y axes so they have a + setting and a - setting of zero and tick 'force limits'.

• @piersyf Thanks for the quick response. Off to try that out.

• @eclark1849 Worked perfectly for lights and cameras. I used to take a theater class in college where we had to do lighting design for plays. and recently, my interest in animation has been rekindled. So my concern has been about animating lights and cameras, but smoothly and easily. So now, I can have a camera both track AND follow an actor. I can even have a camera orbit a person and still point at them by locking the camera on the Y orbit. and forcing the limits. Now to see if I can figure out a way to have a camera rack focus.

• @eclark1849 Before some one tells me what I already know, I know that racking focus is something that can only be seen only after the effect has been rendered.