Blocked plugin?

• After completing updates today for OS X, I ran into a problem with PoserPro 2014. I can use the external library without issue, but when I try to use the embedded library and load the library window, it's blank except for a message that reads, "Blocked plug-in".

Any suggestions?

• I think that version of Poser uses Flash to show the library. I would go into Safari and see if somehow Flash is blocked there. If so you should be able to enable it there, and it should work in Poser.

• Poser Ambassadors

You can't enable it. The version you have installed has been "blocked" by Apple - meaning they refuse to run it. Whether the security thread is real or imagined, you can't get around it, except to install a newer version that Apple trusts.

• Poser Ambassadors

• Poser Ambassadors

Also note that only the embedded library uses Flash. The external library, though the same "code", is hosted by AIR, not Flash.

• Poser Ambassadors

Note for future use - no matter what error message you get, google it before you come and ask here. You'll likely get an answer in 5 seconds or less that way.

• Ah. Makes sense. And good advice all around. Thanks!

• Just had the same "Blocked plug-in" problem with OS X 10.8
    went to Adobe, downloaded and installed flash player - note there are two versions, not to get technical but there's one for Chrome - Ppapi and one for Safari - Npapi. I installed both to be sure. Then downloaded and installed Adobe Air - and it worked like a charm. You need to install flash first and Air last.

• @krausemd said in Blocked plugin?:

Just had the same "Blocked plug-in" problem with OS X 10.8
    went to Adobe, downloaded and installed flash player - note there are two versions, not to get technical but there's one for Chrome - Ppapi and one for Safari - Npapi. I installed both to be sure. Then downloaded and installed Adobe Air - and it worked like a charm. You need to install flash first and Air last.

This also worked for me on PC when the infamous IE 11 patch came out and broke Air in Poser. (Hmmm.. broke "wind" maybe? :) )

Flash is a security mess, online, and Adobe doesn't seem to respond well to the rest of the development community. But, using the libraries and such shouldn't present an issue in Poser.