PP11 Out of Memory Crash using Superfly.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• No GPU rendering is possible in Poser Pro 11 on macOS with AMD Radeon GPU. Only Nvidia, which typically isn't bundled with recent iMacs.

• Thank you for the driver link Jura. I am now updated to the latest driver version 382.96
    It seems that Poser has decided to ignore the update and continue to provide me with misery every time i try and use SuperFly. Now i can render in SuperFly anything that is installed in the PP11 content library, anything that is which has not been exported using the Collect Screen Inventory Utility. This just corrupts the original content causing PP11 to crash and burn.
    The SM help team believe this may have something to do with indexing and permissions. So i have installed other props, characters and pose files directly into the PP11 content library, re-index... and 'they' don't superfly render either?
    I don't get it, Daz sees the GPU. 3DCoat is exceptionally happy with it. But Poser stands completely ignorant of it..
    My only trick left is to set fire to the whole lot.
    Pat :)

• Poser Ambassadors

@patlane said in PP11 Out of Memory Crash using Superfly.:

Thank you for the driver link Jura. I am now updated to the latest driver version 382.96
    It seems that Poser has decided to ignore the update and continue to provide me with misery every time i try and use SuperFly. Now i can render in SuperFly anything that is installed in the PP11 content library, anything that is which has not been exported using the Collect Screen Inventory Utility. This just corrupts the original content causing PP11 to crash and burn.
    The SM help team believe this may have something to do with indexing and permissions. So i have installed other props, characters and pose files directly into the PP11 content library, re-index... and 'they' don't superfly render either?
    I don't get it, Daz sees the GPU. 3DCoat is exceptionally happy with it. But Poser stands completely ignorant of it..
    My only trick left is to set fire to the whole lot.
    Pat :)

What is your workflow?
    What are you using the CollectSceneInventory utility for? It is meant exporting a complete scene for importing into another application or to load a scene in Poser on another machine which does not have the used props in it.
    The utility saves all geometry, textures and material settings in one folder. That is all it does.
    If you have set File Search to None in General Preferences in the library tab, it may not find all geometry and textures, Set the File Search to Shallow instead and it will find them.

You have a 2GB video ram card. This is not much for rendering with GPU, a single figure with clothing and hair might already fill that up.
    But that does not explain why it will render the same scene when you load the props from the library and that Poser crashes if you load it via collectSceneIInventory.

One other tip for GPU rendering:

• Set Branch Path Tracing to Off when your render with GPU. I requires more VRAM and it also is more taxing on the GPU and may time out.

• Hello wimvdb.
    The reason behind using the CollectSceneInventory Utility i believe was to check permissions. The request came from the Smith Micro Help Team in an attempt to eliminate possible problems, errors bit by bit. I have a current ongoing ticket with SmithMicro whereby they message for me to turn this on, switch that off, in order to get closer to the problem. However the SuperFly rendering problem seems to have got worse over the last 48 hours in such as importing the most basic of figures from the PP11 content library now crashes on render. (They don't even have hair). I believe a complete reinstall of PP11 will alleviate many of my problems Hopefully.
    Pat.

• Poser Ambassadors

@patlane
    Just to be sure - you are running the 64bit version of Poser Pro?
    0_1510569498034_p64.jpg

Wim

• I am running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. So i downloaded the PP11 32 bit version.
    Is this where the problem lies?

• Poser Ambassadors

@patlane <<
    Probably the Windows 32 bit memory limitation of 2 GB. => Only 2GB of memory / app.

Does not matter how much RAM you have installed because each app can only use 2GB at a time.

Render in separate process (setting in Poser's General preferences) can help sometimes. => Or render in Queue in the Render settings.

• Poser Ambassadors

@patlane said in PP11 Out of Memory Crash using Superfly.:

I am running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit. So i downloaded the PP11 32 bit version.
    Is this where the problem lies?

I have a strong suspicion it does.
    As Vilters said, the 2GB address space is probably not enough to run it with Superfly.
    With Firefly you can use the external process which frees up some memory space, but that does not work with Superfly. In 64bit Windows there is no more need for it since the address space is much larger.

• Vilters, wmvdb. Thank you.
    OUCH! It Hurts.
    I can only apologize for my blatant stupidity. Why didn't i check this first?
    I believe my blushing embarrassment is by far faster than any graphics card on the market you can buy. I will be back in a few days as a better person and much humbled by this trauma. In the meantime you may laugh and call me by any profanity fitting. I deserve it.
    Again. Thank you very much for your help.
    Pat (32bit) Lane.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.