Poser 11 doesn't see my older Runtime figures...

• Howdy, all

Just put Poser Pro 11 on my system. I'd say "so far, so good"--I'm pleased with the speed improvement--but for some reason, Poser no longer sees my older Runtime of figures.

I install Poser onto my C: drive (where all programs reside), and keep my Runtime of graphics on my D; drive (where all graphics reside). If I look through File Manager, all my old figures are still there, and all the P11 new figures are there as well, but P11 doesn't see 'em, and if I try and manually add that Runtime again, P11 whines that it's already using it.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this? I've got a monumental number of figures and props there from many years of using Poser, and I don't want to lose them (or have to reinstall them all).

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Davey

• Go to
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11

There you will find a file called
    LibraryPrefs.xml

Open this with Notepad and it will list all your runtimes
    You should have one line that looks like

<ContentFolder folder="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 11 Content\Runtime\libraries" index="0" searchIndexed="1" />

You also have something like this if your old runtimes are actually in Poser 11 library system.

<ContentFolder folder="P:\RDNAPeople\Runtime\libraries" index="7" searchIndexed="1" />

You can hand edit this file after you back it up to place your old library into it.

• You, sir, are a genius. Went and located the file. One line was the location of the new install; the second location was nonexistant--my previous Poser install hadn't had files anywhere near that location.

Made the changes, started Poser up, and hey, presto!, my old files showed up. As a second choice of two, but hey, that's minor; I can rearrange or learn to live with as it suits me.

Many thanks, sir. I'd name my first born for you 'cept he's in welding training right now and would object most strenuously. :)

Davey (I'd "mark this as solution" but I don't see any button for so doing, alas)