Where's Waldo, uh Dawn?

• Poser Ambassadors

Did you happen to use the grouping tool at some point on any item in the scene?

If you use the grouping tool and the 'hide other objects' command, then close the grouping tool with the 'hide other objects' command still checked, then the figure will remain invisible.

Even if you didn't use the grouping tool, it's possible this same bug is being triggered by something else.

One thing you might try is to select one of the figure's body parts from the drop down menu and check visibility in the Properties menu. It will show as visible in the Properties menu (and the hierarchy menu) even tho it's not. So turn the visibility off and back on for that body part and the entire figure may show up. This usually fixes the problem for me. Sometimes it has to be done on each body part to get it to show properly but usually not. And it doesn't work just trying it on the Body. It has to be an individual body part. As far as I can recall it happens in PP2014 as well.

• @AmbientShade I don't even like the grouping tool, so the answer is no.

• I just realised something else. I did change something else in the scene. Almost everything, except Dawn and Dusk and the clothes they were wearing, and the pool cues they were holding. I deleted everything else and then loaded the scene back in. After I changed everything she stopped showing up.
    Here's a scene shot where Dawn rendered.
    0_1510626741813_poolhall.png

• @anomalaus Figure display set to wireframe. Still not there.
    0_1510628681153_ac3f9e69-4afc-4e6d-b37f-108ffa1dd348-image.png

• Poser Ambassadors

Did you try turning visibility off and back on for one of the body parts?

• @AmbientShade It's very possible it was turned off accidentally. That's why I always have the Hierarchy Editor visible. Checking that will show the eye icon next to Dawn as greyed out if it's set to invisible. Clicking the eye icon will then make Dawn visible again.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B With the bug I mentioned earlier, the figure will still show as visible in the hierarchy menu and the Properties menu, but still be invisible in the scene. So you have to turn visibility in the Properties menu off and back on, and that usually fixes it.

The grouping tool is one instance where I know it is triggered, but it's possible that something else triggers it as well.

• @AmbientShade Yes, it didn't work. I also imported a new Dawn figure into the scene and yes, she showed up, but for some reason her orientation was all screwed up. She was just floating horizontally above the 0,0,0, co-ordinates. I put the clothes on her with no problems and even applied the same pose, but I had to manually reposition her.

• @AmbientShade said in Where's Waldo, uh Dawn?:

@Miss-B With the bug I mentioned earlier, the figure will still show as visible in the hierarchy menu and the Properties menu, but still be invisible in the scene. So you have to turn visibility in the Properties menu off and back on, and that usually fixes it.

The grouping tool is one instance where I know it is triggered, but it's possible that something else triggers it as well.

Ah, OK, I didn't realize it could look visible in the Hierarchy, and still be invisible. I'll have to make a note, just in case I ever run into a similar situation.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849
    Start with an empty scene.
    Drag and drop dawn from the library into the empty scene.
    Is she still in her default neutral position?

You mentioned "floating" above 0,0,0, that could be an indication of something in the cr2.

Ever memorised Dawn? The "floating" after loading is not normal.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.