Mouse, camera sensitivity

• Hi,

I have a serious problem. The sensitivity of the poser camera has somehow become unusable. The zoom and movement with my USB mouse is so fast and extreme that it is nearly impossible to navigate. I thought it was my mouse, so I bought a new one, but the problem remains the same. I have been attempting to tweak the mouse settings in system prefs (mac) but nothing I do seems to matter. I have deleted poser prefs, reset my mouse to default, etc., etc.

Is there a way to adjust the camera sensitivity in poser itself? O am at a loss.

• Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will correct me on this. I've noticed that my camera becomes hypersensitive when I load a very large (volume wise) object like a skydome. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a setting to stop it.

• @T_the_T Try resetting the settings on the parameter dials. Or you could just lower the sensitivity level on the dials. Just double click on the dial whose settings you want to reset to open the settings.

• @T_the_T said in Mouse, camera sensitivity:

Hi,

I have a serious problem. The sensitivity of the poser camera has somehow become unusable. The zoom and movement with my USB mouse is so fast and extreme that it is nearly impossible to navigate. I thought it was my mouse, so I bought a new one, but the problem remains the same. I have been attempting to tweak the mouse settings in system prefs (mac) but nothing I do seems to matter. I have deleted poser prefs, reset my mouse to default, etc., etc.

Is there a way to adjust the camera sensitivity in poser itself? O am at a loss.

I've seen the camera sensitivity being influenced in some odd ways by the focal length; a too small focal length makes it quite insensitive, and a too long focal length makes it hypersensitive. There may be a bug around this too, as sometimes the camera remains finicky even if I set back to the right focal length, and then I have to restart Poser.

You may try this: Edit / General Preferences / Launch Behavior = set to Factory Scene, close Poser, start Poser, see if that fixes it; if it doesn't, then select your Main Camera, set focal length = 50mm, dollyX = 0, dollyY = 0, dollyZ = 0, Edit / General Preferences / Launch Behavior = set to Preferred Scene, then click Set Preferred Scene, close Poser, start Poser.

• Poser Ambassadors

Also make sure you do not have Tablet mode set to ON if you do not have a tablet attached to the PC. That will also cause erratic behaviour

• @eclark1849
    Unfortunately, when the parameter dials freeze there is no way to access settings. I can probably change them before I try to do anything...but I don't know which way to set the sensitivity. I am not sure that this will change the freezing problem tho. I've had this problem ever since I bought the 2014 pro version. You would not believe the hoops SM made me go through with no success. I am pretty sure it is a memory problem, but can get no info to deal with it.

• @fbs7

Thought I already posted this, but after I reset my mac the camera sensitivity returned to manageable levels. I had to play with the mouse settings a bit as well. Still no joy with the parameter dials tho.

• @T_the_T said in Mouse, camera sensitivity:

@fbs7

Thought I already posted this, but after I reset my mac the camera sensitivity returned to manageable levels. I had to play with the mouse settings a bit as well. Still no joy with the parameter dials tho.

Hmm... just to be sure we're talking about the same thing... you click on the top right dropdown for object selection...

0_1511561614489_t1.png

... then select Cameras / Main Camera, and then you check Focal or DollyZ...

0_1511561813619_t1.png

... then you can't change the values there? That's typically caused by the limits being off; for DollyZ for example, these are the normal settings:

0_1511561969432_t1.png

With the settings like that I can change the value as I want, either be with mouse, or by dragging the button, or by typing a number in the text box.

But, if I had it set wrong, like with Min Value = 0, Max Value = 0 and clicked Force Limits, like this:

0_1511562136841_t1.png

... then I wouldn't be able to do any of that and DollyZ would seem to be frozen, because I set min and max values to be the same and clicked in Force Limits.