Cintiq Pro 16 OR the Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro

• Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here but I'm really struggling to make up my mind on whether to get a Cintiq Pro 16 or a Huion Kamvas GT 221 pro. I know this isn't directly related to CSP but if anyone could help me make up my mind that would be fantastic. I use CSP as my workhorse, so having a tablet that works well with it is essential. I've seen some pros and cons for both. One of the critiques of the Huion is that it isn't great at picking up lighter pressure but one review from someone who used CSP didn't seem to have this issue. So maybe that's more a PS issue?

Money isn't a huge problem but I think my limit is around $1500-$1600 USD. Roughly the price of the Cintiq Pro 16. Obviously I'm always down with spending less but if the cintiq is going to be a better investment I'm okay with laying down the extra cash, especially since this is for my job. That said I'm also cautiously entertaining the idea of getting a larger cintiq like the 22HD even with the $1700 price tag. I'm not crazy about the idea of investing in older hardware, although the 22HD does seem to be tried and true for a lot of people.

My current set up is a Mid 2015 Macbook pro 15", an external 26" Apple monitor and an Intuos 4. It's been working well but I've been wanting a tablet monitor for a while now, especially for inking as I feel like it'll speed up my workflow.

So I guess my primary concern is that I will "settle" for the Huion and regret it. It seems like it's getting a lot of positive reviews but I'm concerned that going from the Intuos 4 and it's pen, to the Huion and it's battery powered pen, could potentially feel like a downgrade in terms of control even though Huion's pen has better specs.

Like I've said, I'm honestly just not sure what the right move is so if anyone has suggestions please let me know. Specifically if you have transitioned from a Wacom Intuos 4 to the Huion Kamvas Pro Gt-221, The Cintiq Pro 16, and/or the Cintiq 22HD.

Thanks!

• I'm waiting for the Wacom Cintiq Pro 24