DS or BS

• This image is on the main page at Daz3d. I call BS on this as there are no other images I can find that look like this and doesn't look like they have morphs for G3 that look like this either.

0_1511844680120_07-2017-home-page-images-2.jpg

• @ghostship
    Could be done with displacement maps.

There is also a HD morph kit for the Gen 3 figures here:

https://www.daz3d.com/add-some-veins-hd-for-genesis-3

• Poser Ambassadors

Could be based on the Swole morphs for G2M with some additional displacements added. Those deep gouges in his forearms look painful tho. But yeah, I don't see that bein a DS render.

• @AmbientShade
    Definitely not my thing, but yeah that looks painful LOL

Here's another vascular set for G2M.
    https://www.daz3d.com/maximum-vasculum

• Poser Ambassadors

@Deecey 'Roid veins, lol. yuck.

• My best guess is that it is G3 exported/sculpted and rendered in some other application. This is not indicative of actual user output from DS.

• @ghostship
    It does have a much richer look than most DS renders I've seen. I do occasionally see some DS renders that make me take a second look though.

• @ghostship Maybe it's new in the store. Go back to DAZ in 2 houres.

• @masterstroke no that image has been there for about two months

• @ghostship said in DS or BS:

no other images I can find that look like this

Please don't forget that DS/Iray has 32bit export and passes and is spectral render. And built-ins that only some people bother to use: bloom filter (used here in render or in postwork), vignetting (used here in render or post), white point adjustments (used here in render or post), response curve adjustments (burn whites/crush blacks, or curves in post)...

Can't say anything on the model, but GoZ is here too.

• Poser Ambassadors

My opinion - the more I look at it, the more anatomically wrong it appears - it just don't look human to me! High-res sculpting plus as @phdubrov says plentiful 2d processing. Nothing that couldn't be done with Poser.

• Well, to be honest:

This "freak" would immediately stop me from looking at the product!
    Obviously some people are so obsessed with how they would want to look like that they lose all senses. Even Arnie in it's heydays didn't look that awful.

If I were that brokerage I'd have rejected this render as "gross".
    But then it's at least a refreshing change from all those other "series3/8" "characters" which all look the same save a different hair prop, eye colour and skin texture :/

Karina

@caisson said in DS or BS:

My opinion - the more I look at it, the more anatomically wrong it appears [...] Nothing that couldn't be done with Poser.

Yes it can be done with Poser, easily.
    BUT WHY?
    :D :D :D

• Poser Ambassadors

The skin shader looks good and the anatomy looks mostly accurate to me for a guy that built. Only major issue I see is the shape of the triceps - too bulged at the heads makes them look like they're hanging down. The teres major has too much skin crease under it. The gouges in the forearms look to be intended as scars for the image but some guys do have deep cuts there if the brachioradialis are really built up. Those cuts don't look to be running in the right direction for that tho.

• I think maybe the fact that you can't see the face is pretty telling. We would know instantly which figure it was if we could see the face. But it does look pretty gross and the musculature is all wrong.

• Poser Ambassadors

Its like someone's gone nuts with Zbrush & a little knowledge but no appreciation of overall form. The more I look at it the more creepy it gets!

• Poser Ambassadors

Have you looked at bodybuilders? It's not that far off. I think the proportions are a bit wrong and there's no definition in the deltoids which there should be for a guy that bulked up.

• Poser Ambassadors

It's the details. The cuts in the forearms look like knife wounds; the left wrist is just unnatural; there is a lack of definition in the forearms (inc. veins, though there seem to be a number on the back of the figure which seems weird); the vertebrae at the back of the neck (forget the name of it, 6th maybe? one of the bony landmarks anyway) should look like a knuckle of bone rather than a finger; the two folds at the base of the neck look like dam_standard brush slashes; the skin folds around the thumb on the right are way too pronounced and appear badly placed; the whole area around the left elbow looks odd ...

Yeah. I don't look at body builders, but ... feels like the artist got carried away detailing without paying attention to big shapes first. & yes, I am guilty of that myself ;)

• @caisson said in DS or BS:

It's the details. The cuts in the forearms look like knife wounds; the left wrist is just unnatural; there is a lack of definition in the forearms (inc. veins, though there seem to be a number on the back of the figure which seems weird); the vertebrae at the back of the neck (forget the name of it, 6th maybe? one of the bony landmarks anyway) should look like a knuckle of bone rather than a finger; the two folds at the base of the neck look like dam_standard brush slashes; the skin folds around the thumb on the right are way too pronounced and appear badly placed; the whole area around the left elbow looks odd ...

Yeah. I don't look at body builders, but ... feels like the artist got carried away detailing without paying attention to big shapes first. & yes, I am guilty of that myself ;)

You've just summarized why I only do face morphs. LMAO

• @caisson said in DS or BS:

My opinion - the more I look at it, the more anatomically wrong it appears - it just don't look human to me! High-res sculpting plus as @phdubrov says plentiful 2d processing. Nothing that couldn't be done with Poser.

^--- This.

It looks like a sculpted pose, nothing that could actually be used for a dynamic, rigged, figure with any decent results. Plus, it's... bad.

Either this person has been doing direct injections for years and blew out practically every muscle they had or... it's just bad. It could be an alien, though, so there's that to consider. Must have the world's longest, widest, lats and skipped "neck day", every darn day, opting for direct muscle injections, instead.

But, hey, if you squint hard enough with one eye, it kinda looks... No, it still makes my stomach churn, no offense to whoever managed to much that much effort into a morph.

Decent mats, though, and lighting, from what I can see on my laptop's crappy screen.

• The Big Reveal!
    Tips Hat to Don Tatro for the Big Reveal!
    SuperFly render with background image rendered on a variable aspect ratio cloth plane with Poser 4 male and deformer scaled hair, ball primitive and wave2D+step function face mask driving a blender masking the saturation with cycles nodes separating and combining HSV of the original P4 skin texture.

Apologies to sufferers of Coulrophobia.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.