Compare laptop stats for Poser; sale is almost over

• I’m deciding between two laptops. Both have been certified to run Maya, so I would assume they would both run Poser Pro 11 well (and I checked the minimum specs). It’s between the highest model of the new (still on preorder) HP ZBook X2 and a customized MSI WS63 7RK-290US.

I know the MSI is much more powerful, but the HP has the tablet I want. I’m not too concerned with rendering; I can do that on my PC, but I’m not sure if the HP would still handle big scenes.

Here are the specs:
    MSI: NVIDIA® Quadro™ P3000 (6GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX12 w/ Optimus™ Technology (Pascal) 7th Generation Intel® Kaby Lake™ i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz - 3.8GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache) Processor 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory

HP: Intel HD Graphics 620 NVIDIA QUADRO M620 (2G GDDR5 dedicated) Intel® Core™ i7-7600U with Intel® HD Graphics 620 (2.8 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-2133 SDRAM

What concerns me the most also, is that the HP only has 2 cores, the MSI has 4. Even the laptop I’m using now has 4 cores.

Can anyone tell me how much better the MSI will perform and if the HP will still run everything decently? I’m also concerned about multitasking. I have to order it by tomorrow to get it for a discount on the one.

• @scifivision

I think you'd be disappointed with 2GB video RAM. Poser will be much happier with the 6GB card.

• @Deecey LOL I'd be sad having to run Poser or any of my apps on a laptop.

• @ghostship
    Yeah, I think I toasted at least a couple of laptops trying to render on them LOL

• Yes, for the most part I can use a PC, but will use it more I think by having both. I am concerned about renders though if it can kill the laptop, even the MSI. I only ever render stills though so I would think as long as I don’t run it hours and hours it should be ok. My last render took a couple hours and it was on my PC that really needs upgrading.

• @ghostship said in Compare laptop stats for Poser; sale is almost over:

@Deecey LOL I'd be sad having to run Poser or any of my apps on a laptop.

I ran Poser 2012 on an HP laptop "multimedia" machine. Decent processing power, RAM, switchable video chipsets, etc. I had no issues at all.

But, I did use an alternate monitor/keyboard/etc arrangement, sort of like the old-fashioned "docking station" solutions. Poser ran quite happily, but it was a bit more of a robust laptop than a standard "It runs Microsoft Office!" sort of laptop. :)