Hoop dynamic simulations

• Hi everyone!
    I was wondering how to simulate dynamics with torus/hoop shaped objects.
    Setting every vertex in these props as "rigid decorated" in cloth sims makes Poser crash. But bullet physics won't allow concave objects.
    Is there any way to run "PoserPhysics 2012" in Poser 11?

• @noobalien said in Hoop dynamic simulations:

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering how to simulate dynamics with torus/hoop shaped objects.
    Setting every vertex in these props as "rigid decorated" in cloth sims makes Poser crash. But bullet physics won't allow concave objects.
    Is there any way to run "PoserPhysics 2012" in Poser 11?

Why were you trying to set it as rigid decorated in cloth simulation? A rigid decoration is something like a button, which follows the underlying cloth with losing its shape. So in order to have a rigid decoration you need to have a dynamic or choreographed group underneath it.

• Poser Ambassadors

@noobalien Is the dynamic cloth a hoop skirt? If so, try using several torus props for the hoops (parented to the doll's hip), keyframing their swaying motions manually. Set the hoops as collision objects for the skirt cloth.

• I am talking about a torus or any other toroid geometry.

Like a hoop being thrown at cylinder... or say, bangles parented to a figure's arm.

• Actually I'm having a problem with Poser 11 crashing is any vertex at all is set to "Rigid Decorated". Quite annoying...

• So you're trying to do something like a hoola-hoop or the like, right? And these thorus are rigid? That's why you expected cloth simulation to do it?

Cloth simulation will not do it.

Now, I see what you mean about Bullet physics. It goes crazy when there is a collision in the hollow part of the thorus; no matter what I do, if I put two thorus linked like a chain one goes flying faster than a flying saucer.

Hmmm... not sure if there's a solution...

• @fbs7

I'm now trying the sim with Fold, Shear and Stretch Resistance upped to the max (1000), and it behaves like rubber.

• Post a screenshot of your cloth room settings. Maybe that will help get you an answer.

• Well, I think this thread pretty much answers everything:
    Experiments in creating necklaces etc for use in Poser's cloth room

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.