1.7.1 update

• CLIP STUDIO PAINT Ver.1.7.1 News Updater will be released

December 6, 2017
    CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX / PRO / DEBUT Ver.1.7.1 Updater (Windows version / macOS version) is a public scheduled for December 13 (Wednesday). CLIP STUDIO be together, we will update the Ver.1.7.1.

The major update planned contents of the CLIP STUDIO PAINT

In Ver.1.7.1 we plan to update the following.

You [Quick Access] palette has been added. [EX / PRO]
    In the Quick Access palette, you can register such as a menu command Auto Action sub-tool and drawing color. The registered function can be executed from the Quick Access palette.

Frequently used to register the function, let's create the perfect working environment for yourself!

[Win] you will be able to arbitrarily set the operation of the touch gesture. [EX / PRO / DEBUT]
    In the Preferences dialog, it will be added [gestures] category.
    Such as switches to enable or disable the touch gesture operation, you can make detailed settings.

You can optionally set the canvas operation for each touch gestures, such as swipe, pinch, tap.

To CLIP STUDIO TABMATE of sales scheduled to start in 2017 the end of December corresponds. [EX / PRO / DEBUT]
    [CLIP STUDIO TABMATE] items corresponding to will be added. When you connect the CLIP STUDIO TABMATE (sold separately), you can set.
    In [CLIP STUDIO TABMATE Settings, and assigned the operation to CLIP STUDIO TABMATE.
    In the Tools Rotation, each time you press the button of the CLIP STUDIO TABMATE, you can set to switch the tool.

New initial sub-tool three types that have been recorded in iPad version will be added. [EX / PRO / DEBUT]
    In the pen tool, it will be added [real G pen] sub tool.
    In the pencil tool, it will be added [real pencil] sub tool [Drawing pencil] sub tool.

Sub-tools 3 kinds of popular will can use it in the PC version of iPad version. Please try.

Canvas restore functions will be added. [EX / PRO / DEBUT]
    In the Preferences dialog → [file], it will be added [to enable the restoration of the canvas].
    If you enable the canvas of the restoration information is stored in a predetermined time interval. If the CLIP STUDIO PAINT into the canvas of editing is abnormally terminated, and automatically restore the canvas at the next startup.

Retention interval of the restoration information is also can be changed in minutes.

Other improvements
    Other, and fix some of the improvements and bug that had kindly pointed out.

At the time of the Edit menu → [deformation] run, you will be launcher is displayed. Use the launcher, you will be able to confirm or cancel the movement and deformation.
    At the time to the input of the text, it will be launcher is displayed. You can do confirm or cancel the entered text. If you are using the EX / PRO, to display the sub-tools Details palette, you can set the text.
    If you specify the [inclination] to [influence Source of the Tool Properties], you will be able to specify the maximum value]. Slope change in the value due to the pen you should be able to exceed 100%.
    It expands the display area of ​​the Image Preview of the Navigator palette.
    Preferences dialog → [cursor] → [Highlight display position of the (brush size, aiming and minimum dot)] initial setting is, will be changed to [Do not delay.
    [Command Bar Settings dialog is changed.

• there is no preview display, directly, you can set while checking the command bar.
    • to the Settings area], it will be added [sub-tools], [drawing color], [pop-up palette. These features can be set on the command bar.
    • When you select Options, it will be added to the items that can be set. Also you can, such as canvas of operation and Perth ruler operation.
    • to the Main Menu, it will be added [to display all of the palette / Hide].
      You will be able to edit the command bar directly.
    • in the [Ctrl] key + drag operation, you can move the position of the command bar icon.
    • from the menu that appears when you right-click the command bar, you can edit the command bar icon.
      Items that can be set in the Shortcut Setup dialog will be added.
    • it will be added [pop-up palette] in [Settings area].
    • From the set area] to set when you select Options, which adds an a to level eye-level] - [Fixed eye level.
      In the modifier key Setup dialog to set the time of the [processing another set of tools, you will be able to select [None] from the pull-down menu. Depending on the tool, you can disable the contents set in the [Common Settings.
      Other, of of 101 feature improvements, make the defect fixes.

• sweet. I hope celsys gods bless us with simultaneous release date this time, since there's no official announcements coming from their non-Japanese social media so far.

• Geez Louise, who writes this copy? Surely there are some fluent English speakers in all of Japan.

I mean, I'm grateful for an update, but it's difficult to discern what these new features are.

The one feature I really, really want? The ability to save my custom brushes, materials, and palettes. I've just spent four hours rebuilding this program because CSP briefly lost its connection to the Documents folder. The program is, creatively, such a towering giant, but it's standing on teeny high-heeled glass slippers when it comes to its settings.

I overwrote the two CELSYS Documents folders with very recent backups, but all my custom settings were still lost.

Does anyone have any insight into how I can prevent this from happening (yet again) in the future? I would be very grateful.

• The text above is the google translated version of the japanese announcement. There are english releas notes on the Clip Studio site, which are more understandable (even if some vagueness remains)

• @postma Ahh, thank you! That makes sense of it.

• @hamishmacdonald said in 1.7.1 update:

Geez Louise, who writes this copy? Surely there are some fluent English speakers in all of Japan.

I mean, I'm grateful for an update, but it's difficult to discern what these new features are.

two main features are the new quick access panel that you'll see upon the first launch, auto document backup with a user defined time frame, and expanded tilt and narrowness properties (thus, three new brush types in this release, I personally really enjoy the designer pencil.)

if you're on windows and use touch-based input, it's improved lots.

I didn't see this highlighted in the release notes, but subjectively, file opening and saving is very sped up, at least when using .psd format - saving 1+ GB documents on a basic, non-SSD drive, is much faster now.

• @nekomata Thanks very much for the update details. These sound promising!

• I discovered what the issue with my materials was: I moved my Documents folder to OneDrive (you know, so I wouldn't lose my settings), but OneDrive got disconnected, so I guess CSP (or Windows) reverted to the default Documents location.

So, not CSP's fault. But it would be really nice to be able to simply back up and restore my custom user settings.

• Well i can't find [real G-pen] tool. There isn't any tool with this name in Pen tab.

• @Abe32 That sucks. Mine is there. Just updated yesterday. All my settings are fine, the new stuff popped up, and I found all the new drawing utensils.
    Maybe you can update again?

0_1513876372261_Screenshot 2017-12-21 09.10.59.png

• BTW... the new "Real" G pen and Pencil just use the same engine as all the other brushes.. They do use Tilt ( which they did not used to even though it was available ), and that tilt control has been enhanced in this version so that you can use pressure and tilt together more easily on a given control...... its a nice feature but I think they have used it incorrectly on the so called REAL brushes. They have set it so the brush gets bigger when the pen is more vertical .... In the "real" world pencils and pens get narrower when vertical and fatter when horizontal...... my advice would be to reset the tilt curve on those brushes to the mirror image of that which they have provided. The Pen tip on the Real G pen is no longer a circle ...but that just gives it a slightly dirty edge.... but if you wanted clean lines you would not want that and if you wanted grubby lines its not grubby enough.... That said the enhanced Tilt is surprisingly good ( if you have a tablet that supports tilt)... e.g. I made a "Real" Sable brush in which I leveraged the new tilt on both brush size and on thickness.......and its really good.

• Can someone export it and upload it? To avoid re-update?
    Thank you very much.

• So overall, how does everyone like the update?

• One issue I has is that after using one tool for a longer time it suddenly stops working. If I shift to another tool and back again it will work again.

Mic

• @Micmac do you think it's the actual program? I wonder if the 1.7.2 might fix it

• @888toto Well RareWill helped me to solved my problem, you can download the whole Tools package from Clipstudio.net/en site

• @RareWill said in 1.7.1 update:

@Micmac do you think it's the actual program? I wonder if the 1.7.2 might fix it

Im on Mac. The 1.7.2 release was a fix for a problem with Windows.

Mic

• @Micmac My bad, I didn't think about the Mac iOS

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.