Need some help

• @krios said in Need some help:

@fbs7
    Wouldn't that be nice? And you're welcome Fbs.

Here's another example that favors FK:

Notice how the last few steps she takes are on her toes... IK would not be very helpful with those kind of steps.

I'm actually loving that foot shadow there; tell me what you use that for, again? is that to plan the position of the feet?

• @fbs7 said in Need some help:

@krios said in Need some help:

@fbs7
    Wouldn't that be nice? And you're welcome Fbs.

Here's another example that favors FK:

Notice how the last few steps she takes are on her toes... IK would not be very helpful with those kind of steps.

I'm actually loving that foot shadow there; tell me what you use that for, again? is that to plan the position of the feet?

By the way, I once heard from Josh Whedon from Firefly and Serenity that the actress that did River acted with her feet. I never really understood that very well, but I can tell you got some real acting there with those feet! Very expressive indeed; you can clearly identify 4 states of mind from her feet alone - careful first, then doubtful or watchful, then uncertain, then decided.

Real skill on those feet, nicely done!

• @anomalaus
    That code looks scary... do you plug it into the texture map editor? ;]
    But it's good to know that it's possible to have multiple IK chains.
    So it would be possible to switch IK chains between heel and toe for steps? Sounds technically advanced.
    Thanks for the tip anomalus!

• @fbs7

It is just a simple morphing torus that comes stock with Poser. You could use just about any prop, but the morphing torus is useful because it can be shaped into an interesting looking rectangle to indicate the direction of the step. The location of it can be animated with constant keys.
    Figure out where the next step is (the contact position) set the torus at the heel of the character and move the keyframe of the torus back to where the passing position is so that you have a reference for where the foot is going during a step.

Pro tip: Limit the up and down movement of the torus so that it's about half way through the floor. This will help in moving it around without having to worry about the Y axis. You can also zero out the X & Z rotations so that it can be turned only on the Y axis. Makes it easy to manipulate.

Here's a little something you might get a kick out of:

Can you guess which set belongs to who? Here's a [ hint ]