Pauline and Paul V2

• I thought the statement in the newsletter was in the vein of SM poking fun at all the Poser doomsayers myself. Having experienced several periods of "Poser is dying", I won't believe any of it until it's officially announced that Poser development is ending and the program is being indefinitely shelved (not sold).

As for new versions of Paul and Pauline, I'll reserve judgment until I have something visually to compare with the existing versions. It would be nice to have some higher quality figures from SM, but the built-in Poser figures have never been that good.

Though I do have a concern about whether P&P v2 are going to be free upgrades, or if we'll have to spend money to get them (and if so, how much?).

• @Miss-B said in Pauline and Paul V2:

Well said! It's the CURRENT userbase that's important, and if SM can't keep that CURRENT userbase happy, then there's a problem, so letting the CURRENT userbase know all is well, and progressing, is the best way to keep Poser alive and well. New users will come along, but as long as the CURRENT userbase stays intact, we're in good shape.

You've got to bring in new users. Every current user was a new user at one time.

I'm glad that it was pointed out that this was directed at existing users only. That makes it a little better, but not much. As a current user, the "we're not dead yet, why look what we've done to Paul and Pauline" is hardly a compelling sales pitch.

• @modus0 said in Pauline and Paul V2:

Though I do have a concern about whether P&P v2 are going to be free upgrades, or if we'll have to spend money to get them (and if so, how much?).

This. If the updates are going to cost some may not get them. Folk that have been using alternate and custom characters may not be too willing to pony up for updates to figures they may have moved on from. The cash that would go to an updated P&P may move to Ero's girl or something else.

• I see no reasons why this would be paid updates.
    Had they been paid updates/extensions they would have been named differently.

Let us not speculate but wait and see.

• I keep checking my email and I have yet to get anything about this. Its very weird.

• @ElZagna said in Pauline and Paul V2:

@Miss-B said in Pauline and Paul V2:

Well said! It's the CURRENT userbase that's important, and if SM can't keep that CURRENT userbase happy, then there's a problem, so letting the CURRENT userbase know all is well, and progressing, is the best way to keep Poser alive and well. New users will come along, but as long as the CURRENT userbase stays intact, we're in good shape.

You've got to bring in new users. Every current user was a new user at one time.

True, but as I see it, losing from your current userbase is worse than not bringing in new users, because the new users will just "replace" the current userbase members who have left, and not build up the strength of the Poser userbase in general.

• Also, the new users can't replace the knowledge that the users who left have had.
    In the past we had side-long input from experts like BagginsBill, SnarlyGribbly, and about a dozen more whose knowledge about Poser was unparalleled.

Where are we now instead?

I think keeping the old users is at least as important as collecting new users!

Karina

• My thought is that there are more Poser users then one could ever Imagine
    allot stay silent, do not have the need to shout it out loud , I got to know allot of
    Writers that are Passionated of Poser.
    Daz Users are more Impulsive and seem to have a Huge fear of Loss, shouting out loud
    in the Woods, guess it is a way to get attention for there works to get noticed and get some appreciation.
    Poser Users do not seem to find any need on this as they know what they can.
    I feel a little sorry for allot of great Creators that Left Poser, as they were fearing to
    get a financial loss, as these are also a Part on who leads the market.
    In one hand it is an advantage as it leaves new space for New Creators and there is less
    Concurrence of a huge crowd of Artists.
    On my side this was what pushed me to release Exclusive Poser Models using the
    extraordinary Power of Poser witch Daz studio could not keep up with as these do not
    offer compatibility to them.

It is not really the Sexy doll that makes a Program great it is what you can do with it
    and the more that it offers Individual Creativity the better it is . Poser has a tremendous
    Potential if one is not to lazy getting into it and even after 15 years that I used it, I was not able
    to use all the features that it really offers.

Most Creators still need to use Poser to get there figures right and exported into
    Daz Studio , they make a big secret out of it forgetting that if there is no Poser there will not be a good working Daz Sudio any longer.

• @summoner said in Pauline and Paul V2:

My thought is that there are more Poser users then one could ever Imagine
    allot stay silent, do not have the need to shout it out loud , I got to know allot of
    Writers that are Passionated of Poser.
    Daz Users are more Impulsive and seem to have a Huge fear of Loss, shouting out loud
    in the Woods, guess it is a way to get attention for there works to get noticed and get some appreciation.
    Poser Users do not seem to find any need on this as they know what they can.
    I feel a little sorry for allot of great Creators that Left Poser, as they were fearing to
    get a financial loss, as these are also a Part on who leads the market.
    In one hand it is an advantage as it leaves new space for New Creators and there is less
    Concurrence of a huge crowd of Artists.
    On my side this was what pushed me to release Exclusive Poser Models using the
    extraordinary Power of Poser witch Daz studio could not keep up with as these do not
    offer compatibility to them.

It is not really the Sexy doll that makes a Program great it is what you can do with it
    and the more that it offers Individual Creativity the better it is . Poser has a tremendous
    Potential if one is not to lazy getting into it and even after 15 years that I used it, I was not able
    to use all the features that it really offers.

Most Creators still need to use Poser to get there figures right and exported into
    Daz Studio , they make a big secret out of it forgetting that if there is no Poser there will not be a good working Daz Sudio any longer.

Oh..so Poser is great and perfect and some of us are just too lazy and stupid to appreciate is magnificent greatness. Our bad, sorry.

• @WILL_I_AM said in Pauline and Paul V2:

Oh..so Poser is great and perfect and some of us are just too lazy and stupid to appreciate is magnificent greatness. Our bad, sorry.

That's ok - you can still come to the side of right - we have cookies (and Project E.)

Summoners point is that DS users (and DS vendors) tend to invade Poser forums (See the ones at 'Rosity for example, - pay particular attention to any thread that is focused on a non-DAZ figure - for instance) and spend a lot of time telling Poser users that they are foolish to stay with Poser rather than moving to DS.

If they were confident in their choices, they would be up in the DS forums, sharing their knowledge.

We tend not to go into DS forums and berate the DS users for their choices.

• Poser Ambassadors

@WILL_I_AM said in Pauline and Paul V2:

That's a false misrepresentation of @summoner .
    I ^would^ assert that many of us think Poser is great fun, and a perfectly enjoyable hobby. Some of us believe that it is more constructive to put in the work/time to file documented bug reports, and to create things for sharing with our fellow Poserfolk.

It does seem like any time something positive appears in a Poser forum, the flying monkeys are sent hither. I'm beginning to wonder if the G8 acolytes have formed a religious cult, and are compelled to admonish us infidels. Reminds me of a couple of women who made advances to me, and upon being -politely- declined, proceeded to stalk/harass me.

Look, I concur that G8 is a great looking doll chassis, and DS is a perfectly enjoyable 3D studio, and I wish DS users in general well. But as for the cadre of concern trolls who ever proclaim the death of Phoenix, er, Poser, why are you in Poser forums, kicking over our sand castles? Why can you not stand to allow us to enjoy our chosen hobby in peace?

• @seachnasaigh said in Pauline and Paul V2:

Why can you not stand to allow us to enjoy our chosen hobby in peace?

That's it in a nutshell Seach. I've been wondering the same thing for 4 years now, and I liked and used DS for years, and still use it on occasion when I'm using my Generation 4 characters. Just because I didn't get into Genesis 2, 3 and 8 doesn't make me a bad person. That's just MY personal choice, and I hate being berated for it.

• @Miss-B I am seeing it more and more. I bet if I was to go over to a DS forum there are no Poser users in there doing the same thing...

• @rokketman one giant reason I don't really post any more at Rendo: all the nasty threads about Poser dying or the figure wars with the DS folks always trolling the Poser forum. They got ZERO reasons to be here on the SM forum, ZERO.

• @rokketman said in Pauline and Paul V2:

@Miss-B I am seeing it more and more. I bet if I was to go over to a DS forum there are no Poser users in there doing the same thing...

That is because they would get permabanned if they did.

• @ssgbryan Take your pills and the evil DAZ orks will disapear, trust me. ;-)

• Poser Ambassadors

@WILL_I_AM Oh..so Poser is great and perfect and some of us are just too lazy and stupid to appreciate is magnificent greatness. Our bad, sorry.

No for sure Poser has its flaws. Like any other Software too btw.
    I use Poser since version 4 . And what should I say, even when some versions let me cry ( 6 and 8) , it is still my fav application. It is versatile, inspiring and easy to use. Simple as that. And why should it be dead? Just because some people wish it? No Poser is still alive and with Ero's new amazing Figure Evolution it get even better.
    The utilities which Poser offer for his users gives you endless possibilities to create art. Off course you have to make your hands dirty in some way, click and make art is not always possible when you want to create unique art. But With DS, 3DSMax, Blender, even Photoshop you have to learn and learn new stuff too.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ghostship said in Pauline and Paul V2:

@rokketman one giant reason I don't really post any more at Rendo: all the nasty threads about Poser dying or the figure wars with the DS folks always trolling the Poser forum. They got ZERO reasons to be here on the SM forum, ZERO.

Same here. I find it disrespectful honestly .

• Just got the announcement about this major update 11.1 and woow it is free for Poser 11 owners !
    sure is generous...
    I am pretty exited on getting this Update to see how it goes.

Also sure am curious about the next major release of Poser on what new features it will bring.
    Sure looking forward getting the next release :)

• @masterstroke If only this were true.