Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?

• I have some custom stuff in the library, not under downloads, cause I installed that manually, and I dont want it to be erased.
    Will 11.1 reinstall the library, or just add to it?

• Poser Ambassadors

@starlingblue said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

I have some custom stuff in the library, not under downloads, cause I installed that manually, and I dont want it to be erased.
    Will 11.1 reinstall the library, or just add to it?

Content which you have added will not be removed, original content you may have modified and saved under the same name, will be replaced by the content of the installer.
    11.1 has a new installer for Poser itself and for the nude figures (Paul and Pauline v2). The original Paul and Pauline remain being installed as well

• Will there be a Update Installer for Poser 11.1 or s it only Possible by using the Full
    Installer ? as it might overwrite the whole settings and Pref files.
    or would it be better in this case to Install poser 11.1 on a different location leaving
    Version 11.08 as it is ?

• @summoner the update appears to be available now (it was not, until just recently). Prior to the update becoming available, I was forced (by my own impatience, of course) to download the full installer, which will bork the preferences pointing to any additional libraries you currently have. I do not believe it does anything at all to the library contents themselves, it just creates a new library preferences file which doesn't refer to the added libraries.

On MacOS, at least, the full install of 11.1 created a backup folder with all my previous preferences and made a new folder with the 11.1 preferences (which include added things that weren't present in your old prefs, like the new path3D palette data). It was a relatively simple matter (though not a case of just copying over everything from the old preferences folder to the new one) for me to merge my additional library preferences with the new, empty library prefs.

If you're in any doubt, wait for, download and install the updater, which should preserve all your existing setup [insert standard disclaimers and waiver of human rights, etc.]. ;-)

• Poser Ambassadors

There is an updater now for 11.1. That will not remove anything.
    If you want the new figures, install the Nude Figures from the full install. That will not remove anything

• @wimvdb if you can get them to download. I am stuck in the hell of "Too many stalls". I'm getting about 1kb every time I click the Download button on the Mac version of Nude Figures, before the download aborts. I had no trouble with the full installer, and the updater is now downloading fine, as well (though it's a bit late for that, unless I want to restore the entire installation from backup and try an update instead.

• Ok I guess there are just to many that get the downloads at the time LOL ...
    will just wait patiently until i can get it . on my side it still say's that it is not
    working!

and great to have a Updater that will sure save allot of hassles :)

• @wimvdb said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

If you want the new figures, install the Nude Figures from the full install. That will not remove anything

I used the updates tab and downloaded that update instead of the 960mb installer in the main tab. Even though Poser now says my version is 11.10.34764 (verified in Poser) it's telling me to install Poser 11 before I can install the nude figures. I guess this means I have to download the entire thing because the updater isn't to bright?

• Poser Ambassadors

@johndoe641 said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

@wimvdb said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

I used the updates tab and downloaded that update instead of the 960mb installer in the main tab. Even though Poser now says my version is 11.10.34764 (verified in Poser) it's telling me to install Poser 11 before I can install the nude figures. I guess this means I have to download the entire thing because the updater isn't to bright?

I have a feeling this is due to that the full installer and the updater doesn't have the same Build number.

• I updated using the updater which worked fine downloaded nude installer and it states 'WAITING' must install poser 11.1...not working properly. not really surprised. I to checked at 6pm as I assumed using gmt when I saw nothing ...hmmm. shouldn't make exact date announcements if you can't keep them. and now it's obviously not working properly. I'm not going to install the entire program again. This was to be an update and my system shows it's updated. It'd be nice if sm would chime in and tell us what's going on...trial and error?

• @Ghostman said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

verified in Poser) it's telling me to install Poser 11 before I can install the nude figures. I guess this means I have to download the entire thing because the updater isn't to bright?

ok I go to where download manager put the file under user/poser11/content/win there is nude .exec icon and I click this and it updated but why is there no documentation to tell the average user to do this...not good company people...go have some more of your EGGNOG!

• Since the new content didnt install with the updater and asks for the full version I did install that - it also requests and recommends strongly to do an uninstall before that, so I agreed to that, too.

Well, in the end it kept the content I had integrated in the stock library folders but deleted everything I kept under downloads. Bummer.

So be careful.
    So, no, it does not delete stuff you kept in the wrong folders but deletes your 3rd party content in the download folder

• @starlingblue said in Will 11.1 reinstall the libary?:

Since the new content didnt install with the updater and asks for the full version I did install that - it also requests and recommends strongly to do an uninstall before that, so I agreed to that, too.

Well, in the end it kept the content I had integrated in the stock library folders but deleted everything I kept under downloads. Bummer.

So be careful.
    So, no, it does not delete stuff you kept in the wrong folders but deletes your 3rd party content in the download folder

SORRY BUT THATS NOT TRUE - my bad - for some reason the download folder showed empty at first, after a second program start now everything is there

• The Poser 11.1 Upgrade is free to Poser 11/Poser Pro 11 users. To update and obtain the new figures and content...

Launch Download Manager and download the Application installer and the Nude Figures installer. Run the full application installer from Download Manager and do not uninstall the current installation reusing your Preferences. Then run the Nude Figure installer.

Launch Poser and enjoy!

• @ratscloset
    Support Files installer also includes the updated manual.

• Well all in all great work.
    I got the update and all worked out great.
    I always install through the download folder manually and this actually
    never causes any issues. Also saving a backup in a separate
    Folder with the versions to ensure a roll back if there would
    be any need.
    this grants a good overview of the Installers and in case
    there would be an issue it is easy to reinstall Poser.

Thank yo for this great Update

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.