SMDM unable to download Nude Figures for Mac

• 0_1513616526777_Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 9.57.38 AM.png

I'm on a gigabit ethernet connection FWIW, the Poser update itself was without trouble.

SMDLM.log's tail:
    2017/12/18: 09:56:46: Download of Nude Figures for Mac stalled . . . restarting
    2017/12/18: 09:57:02: Stalled connection info:
    CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL: <Server5>/.../PSNUM_11.1.0.34759_PoserNudes.pkg
    CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE: 206
    CURLINFO_TOTAL_TIME: 16.218050
    CURLINFO_NAMELOOKUP_TIME: 0.000883
    CURLINFO_CONNECT_TIME: 0.020255
    CURLINFO_PRETRANSFER_TIME: 0.020410
    CURLINFO_SIZE_UPLOAD: 0.000000
    CURLINFO_SIZE_DOWNLOAD: 2228.000000
    CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD: 137.000000
    CURLINFO_SPEED_UPLOAD: 0.000000
    CURLINFO_HEADER_SIZE: 387
    CURLINFO_REQUEST_SIZE: 135
    CURLINFO_SSL_VERIFYRESULT: 0
    CURLINFO_FILETIME: -1
    CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD: 2164568278.000000
    CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_UPLOAD: -1.000000
    CURLINFO_STARTTRANSFER_TIME: 0.044878
    CURLINFO_CONTENT_TYPE: application/octet-stream
    CURLINFO_REDIRECT_TIME: 0.000000
    CURLINFO_REDIRECT_COUNT: 0
    CURLINFO_HTTP_CONNECTCODE: 0
    CURLINFO_HTTPAUTH_AVAIL: 0
    CURLINFO_PROXYAUTH_AVAIL: 0
    CURLINFO_OS_ERRNO: 0
    CURLINFO_NUM_CONNECTS: 1
    CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET: -1
    CURLINFO_PRIMARY_IP: 198.177.231.144
    CURLINFO_APPCONNECT_TIME: 0.000000
    CURLINFO_CONDITION_UNMET: 0
    CURLINFO_RTSP_CLIENT_CSEQ: 0
    CURLINFO_RTSP_SERVER_CSEQ: 0
    CURLINFO_RTSP_CSEQ_RECV: 0
    CURLINFO_PRIMARY_PORT: 80
    CURLINFO_LOCAL_IP: [redacted]
    CURLINFO_LOCAL_PORT: 64378

• @duanemoody exactly the same experience here (in Oz). VPN to SF made no difference, so either too many people are simultaneously trying to download that file and the servers are barfing, or there's an actual problem with the file. I guess.

• It would be rude to request the direct URL and set command line curl to attempt the download but I can't say the thought didn't occur.

Seriously though, what kind of CDN did SM provide for this update?

• It's because Nude Figures is against the spirit of Christmas... just wait until summer time, then the sun is hot, everybody is bathing, the bikinis are getting smaller, it will work like a charm

• @fbs7 It IS summer in Oz.

• I knew it! The other day I was browsing channels and suddenly there was this game of rugby with everybody naked - the referees were only using their whistles. It had to be in Australia!

• (nevermind the fact them Australians live upside down... I could never figure out how they drink beer...)

• #metoo #gimmemynudes

• Still hosed this morning US East Coast at 1030 zulu.

• @RobZhena same here on the US West Coast...

• @duanemoody said in SMDM unable to download Nude Figures for Mac:

It would be rude to request the direct URL and set command line curl to attempt the download but I can't say the thought didn't occur.

Just so all of you know, I was actually able to determine the direct URL but both curl (the backbone of SMDM) and wget are helpless since the server itself is cutting the connection in a way neither are designed to automatically resume. Manually reconnecting does work, but only gains 5-20k each time before being disconnected again, and against a 2Gb download that could take some time. And yes, pointing a browser at that URL has the same result (as does wget for Windows).

Can someone from SM explain why the Windows users are able to download their version of this file but the Mac users aren't? Is the file on the server corrupt or possibly the sector of the disk it's residing on?

• There's a known issue on some Mac systems with the Nude Figures and Content Update download. Our project team is working hard to resolve this issue. They'll be in touch with more information so stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience.

• @anniespewak said in SMDM unable to download Nude Figures for Mac:

There's a known issue on some Mac systems with the Nude Figures and Content Update download. Our project team is working hard to resolve this issue. They'll be in touch with more information so stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience.

Tried again today and there were tons of new updates, everything downloaded and installed without incident. Thanks!

• Try closing Download Manager, rebooting and then launch Download Manager. Click Reload, then try downloading.

Contact Support with the type of connection you have and how your system is connected to your Router if you still have issues.

• @ratscloset Woo hoo! The Nude Figures for Mac installer is now downloading without stalling!!!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.