Poser Support Files for Windows failure

• This post is deleted!

• I am not too worried about it. At $49.95 to get upgraded through three versions and converted to Pro...it's still a deal, even if it takes a week or more to get fixed. If they are already on vacation, I would rather they have a Merry Christmas, spend time with family, and then get an update released afterward, versus work thru the holiday.

...but that's just me :)

• I'm sort of okay with any delay. Find it hard to believe QA didn't catch this. If they didn't catch something this egregious what else is outstanding?

I'd like a functioning piece of software since I am on vacation and have time to work on this. Alas, it is broken. Which means I will do something else. Not quite the way to generate excitement on a release. Eh.

• OK, well since my ticket is still "unassigned", I decided to take matters into my own hands :) I downloaded innounp, using this tut, and unpacked the Poser Support Files EXE installer, and to my surprise, it is just a Documentation and Runtime folder, which I can just copy/paste into my corresponding folders, I assume. (I will not...since I am not interested in the content as much as the program. I got a lot of content already.)

So, since the Poser Setup and the Poser Update exe's worked fine, I am going to call this a successful install and start trying to use Poser! :)

I will still post back, if I fail, or if the Ticket gets any action.

• They must have fixed something. I have downloaded the animals and the nudes today. Both installs worked correctly. Will download the next set and keep testing.

• I just got a response, and they said to "RELOAD" (i.e. redownload) the installers now. They said, not all installers uploaded to the Server correctly, and they have fixed it.

• This post is deleted!

• Sorry, its fixed (supposedly) for my issue, in that it could not find Poser. For not being able to download...that I was not having issues with. Good luck!

• Downloaded and installed with no problem

• @3doutlaw said in Poser Support Files for Windows failure:

Reboot did not help, I am still getting, the below, and when I choose the Poser directory, it just asks me to choose again, and again, and again...sigh. Still no response from SM.

Anyone know what is in the Support Files installer?

FailImage

I kept getting that same pop up. As I stated above, I had to go into the DLM folder where the exe files were and click on them to install the content. A pain in the backside, but at least I am up and running again.

• Well as a first guess as to what the error is I'd guess you all have no prior version of Poser installed or only a 32 bit version of Poser and your version of Poser is older than version Poser 2014 (aka Poser 10).

I had no problem but I only did an upgrade from Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev to Poser Pro 11 to Poser Pro 11.1. I manually chose a non-standard directory for the Poser content location.

Support Files I think has Face Room, Clothes/Cloth Room & such but I am not sure.

• @goat1 said in Poser Support Files for Windows failure:

Well as a first guess as to what the error is I'd guess you all have no prior version of Poser installed or only a 32 bit version of Poser and your version of Poser is older than version Poser 2014 (aka Poser 10).

I had no problem but I only did an upgrade from Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev to Poser Pro 11 to Poser Pro 11.1. I manually chose a non-standard directory for the Poser content location.

Support Files I think has Face Room, Clothes/Cloth Room & such but I am not sure.

Was upgrading from Poser Pro 11 64 bit (I don't install 32 bit if there's a 64 bit version) had all the stated problems until I downloaded again after post from 3doutlaw about response from Smith Micro

• Ah, OK, so it seems not all download servers got good copies of the Poser 11.1 files. Sorry.

Thanks

• @goat1 said in Poser Support Files for Windows failure:

Ah, OK, so it seems not all download servers got good copies of the Poser 11.1 files. Sorry.

Thanks

No problem

• Several of the files did not properly update originally.
    Launch Download Manager, click Reload, then download the Application installer and Content. They will all be listed as 11.1 now when downloading.
    Once all nine files are Downloaded, you will see Install Buttons appear in the Download Manager, use those to install the application and all the content. You will first install the Application, then the Content Installer Buttons will appear. You must install the Support Files to have full functionality of the application.

• "You must install the Support Files to have full functionality of the application"

From what I saw, the support files are doco and Runtime library updates (Heads and Poser Scripts). Is there something else that prevents the full functionality of the application?