Project Evolution for Poser

• @y-phil The file worked perfectly. No more monster boot! Thank you. :D

• @johndoe641 said in Project Evolution for Poser:

@y-phil The file worked perfectly. No more monster boot! Thank you. :D

You're welcome :-)

• @estherau That might have something to do with it. She never really caught on with me, and initially, I was all gung-ho, let's go. But I've had problems with CGbytes since they started up. Tried to register and join, but couldn't. Wrote email and complained, seemed to fall on deaf ears. So I waited like a good litttle puppy until it was available at Renderosity, but by then, I just didn't care anymore. Plus, I haven't heard from Erogenesis in all that time. It seemed like he stuck his creation out there to sink or swim on it's own with no support. That may not be an accurate depiction as to what happened, but it's the one I got. And there's no male counterpart coming out which does bother me.

• Hiya eclark1849! I thought I was having a problem at CGBytes too, so I emailed them. Or PM'd them. turned on notifications too, and promptly got a response from the admins telling me to simply go to my downloads, reset them, and voila, instant new upgraded files.
    PE is a great Figure, LaFemme is a great Figure, V4 (with all morph packs and fix morphs) is a great Figure, Genesis 6 is a great Figure. All these are easy to work with, even if they are a bit different from each other.
    I have found I can get every kind of look I want from all of these. I feel kinda wet behind the ears now with MY complaints in here and elsewhere, in light of how simple and easy the answers to my problems were. Frankly it really turns out to be that way for the majority of issues I've had with ANY of the Figures the last ten years.
    Even the various Poser Figures are better than I'd originally thought them to be. All it took was for me to take a little break then come back and work with them in a different frame of mind.
    Admittedly, I don't use PE so much, and its because I don't have many clothes for it. No biggie, there is a LOT more out for it now.
    BUT, I've found some neat cool WILD stuff we can do with LaFemme so am very busy playing with that one now.
    LIFE is GREAT! I got all these way cool things to play with, PP 2014 and PP 11.1 working great, I get to keep both feet and legs so YEAH I am a happy camper today!
    Take a little break, then go back and play with PE in a different mindset. IT really IS a fine Figure!

• @eclark1849 said in Project Evolution for Poser:

@estherau That might have something to do with it. She never really caught on with me, and initially, I was all gung-ho, let's go. But I've had problems with CGbytes since they started up. Tried to register and join, but couldn't. Wrote email and complained, seemed to fall on deaf ears. So I waited like a good litttle puppy until it was available at Renderosity, but by then, I just didn't care anymore. Plus, I haven't heard from Erogenesis in all that time. It seemed like he stuck his creation out there to sink or swim on it's own with no support. That may not be an accurate depiction as to what happened, but it's the one I got. And there's no male counterpart coming out which does bother me.

I didn't have any issues buying PE or One X at CGBytes but I was a bit resistant to the idea of spreading around my purchases over multiple sites, but eventually I gave it a go and haven't regretted it at all. Out of the box PE is the most versatile figure I've ever used, you don't need morph packs or or 3rd party morphs to make a completely different figure because it's all built into the base. Ero included multiple ethnic variations that you can build off of to make your own personal figure for comics (which I've done).

As far as support for PE, yeah there's only a few dozen vendors who are supporting her but they're all high quality and if you use a lot of dynamic clothing, then dressing PE won't be a problem. There's also the pre-fitter, but I'm still trying to figure that out.

If you're looking for a great new figure and want to stick with something that's being massively supported then you may want to look at LaFemme. She bends almost as well as PE and the vendor support list for her keeps growing. I have both figures and for me, PE meets my needs as a figure better than LaFemme does. To me, if you're into fashion renders or pinups, LaFemme is great, she's uber lithe and she fits into that role perfectly but that's not the type of renders I do so even though I've been trying, I've never actually been happy with the results I get with LF. I know there's body morphs now that can change LF to an extent but I don't want to spend money on morphs to just un-LaFemme LaFemme. PE's body type is much different, the base is more representative of the average everyday woman and a few dial spins can make a completely different body type that's lithe to heavy set. Most of my recent gallery over at Rendo has been all PE and nothing else if that's any indication of how well I like the figure.

I'm miffed that Ero is MIA but the base figure is excellent and the products that are out there for her are all excellent.

• A problem I have with pe is that with all her morphs loaded, she starts to bog down my computer, especially if I want to use more than one. Most of the characters I use more than once, I load the figure, inject the morphs, create the look I want, and spawn a morph target. Then I load a second figure without any morphs and copy just the one morph then I'll load expression dials. This way, I don't have all the morphs bogging down my memory.

Would it work to load the pe obj file and use the fitting room to copy the bones to make my own morph free version? Or maybe one with just the jmcs? Or would that break a lot of functionality?

• @redphantom
    First thing I would try is to create your morph as you intended and then load it into the demo version.
    The demo version as far as I recall has all the elementary functions of PE, but not the extensive morpshs and a simpler skin texture.
    So, if you load your morph and load the full skin texture, you should have what you are looking for.

• @redphantom A while ago I used a Python script to make a "custom" mesh/figure for a project:

• Sum up all (required) morph data (out of a list) to an array (I prefer numpy, because one can manipulate the whole array without time-consuming loops). This is usually very fast.

• Add the summed morph data from array to base mesh vertices.

• Remove all "baked" morphes from the PMD-File (the reason for me to write the PMD-library).

• Flag the base-mesh as "changed".

When the figure is saved the next time, Poser writes a new OBJ-file with the modified base-mesh along with the character file. The new character file will reference the new mesh.

Most time consuming is to prepare the list of morphs. You have to double-check that no morph is used indirect from any dial. The reason while I didn't publish the script. But once a solid list ist compiled for a character, this method can be very useful.

• I personaly like PE as my female character. I use the mannequins that came with early edition and have had good sucess with conforming clothing. Footware and gloves and masks to a lesser success. I match her with Michael 4 because I have the morphs, clothing etc and he works so well in Poser.
    I have read many post about Erogenesis "MIA". He did make it clear his primary passion is making comics. PE was a several year project and a distraction from his comics. He also asked others to pick up the mantle and carry PE forward. Several posts, from other people, have indicated this is correct. PE was also intended to have a long life as compared to Genesis figures which seem to get a new version as soon as a buyer gets enough content to use the effectively.
    Like everyone who likes and uses PE, I would like extra support, update to mannequins, more conforming clothing etc. PE is very complex and this, maybe, makes vendors a little shy. She also doesn't seem to have Smith Micro support like other figures.

• P.S. Erogenesis does have a blog and the latest update from him was all about the pending release of part 3 and 4 of one of his comic publications. He also mentioned the possibility of setting up his own web site.