Project Evolution for Poser

• @kalypso said in Project Evolution for Poser:

@Ladonna Thank you although I can't take credit for that, it's all part of Jura's pre-lit scene. One of these days I'm going to set up my own environment and light it. Maybe I'll even post it lol - I feel like such a newbie with Superfly.

Would you mind sharing a link to that scene download? LOVE IT!!!

• @Biscuits these are very close to the settings I use. I was under the impression that Max bounces clamped down on how many bounces there were no matter how many bounces the individual rays were set. In your settings would not all the individual rays be clamped at 6 bounces? I'm not an expert.

• Y'all are tempting me very much to give SuperFly another shot. My old systems CPU hits max temps all 4 cores for a long time with renders anyway. Much longer with SF than FF. But your lighting looks so nice! Sooo, saving those settings.0_1515774620203_PE 004.jpg
    With my posted 2 images I am using a 'standard' 3 light set, like I would in a small studio and camera. While it looks good, and the shadows are acceptable, they do look pretty mundane.
    Will tinker with that! :o)

• Pixels sample set to 50 is going to be super fine, but animation it will take forever and I will drop down to 20, but from 20-15 its starts to get grainy. for animation the lowest I will tolerate is at 17

But you are talking to a guy that solve everything by bringing it into Lightwave with poser fusion and render it there instead.

• @sledge Here are the scenes that Jura shared. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/contributor/jura11
    For the above image I used the Simple Bathroom, hid the fixtures and changed the material on the floor using one of Jura's again which is included with one of these sets. Everything you need is included in the scene, really great work!

@kobaltkween I don't use branched path tracing when doing a GPU render. It's just sometimes I can't use my card, it just won't render so then I do a CPU render and turn BPT on again. Should I not use it with a CPU render either?

@Biscuits Thanks for the settings, will try those as well. I'm not entirely sure what it all means because I haven't found time to read up on SF or take a look at the various tutorials out there so it's more of a trial and error at this stage and what looks good. Your renders sure do so I'll be trying that.

Are there any rules for render settings depending on the type and number of lights you have? I've found doing outdoor scenes give me a clearer result where I just use an .hdr on the dome and one strong infinite sun light. It's the interior spaces that are tricky.

• One of the main reason why I render to Lightwave is because I can use the VPR mode and see what I will be getting without trial and error, as they can take up much of my time. Poser needs something like that, and I think maybe that is something that Octane can do?!?!?I don't have it, so I don't know. Also painting weight
    maps in poser is daunting and cumbersome. Not so in Lightwave. They are offering a sale now of their new release until March, otherwise I think Blender can pretty much do the same, and its free.

@Biscuits Thanks for the settings, will try those as well. I'm not entirely sure what it all means because I haven't found time to read up on SF or take a look at the various tutorials out there so it's more of a trial and error at this stage and what looks good. Your renders sure do so I'll be trying that.

Are there any rules for render settings depending on the type and number of lights you have? I've found doing outdoor scenes give me a clearer result where I just use an .hdr on the dome and one strong infinite sun light. It's the interior spaces that are tricky.

• @ Ero - I tell ya one thing bro, this new Figure of yours, Project Evolution, is a seriously nice one to work with. As you have said a few times, it IS a different Figure. And it IS for Poser. And it won't behave quite like any of the other Figures we are used to working with. I find that a little time with it usually answers my own questions. Like the "where is THIS or THAT?!" Just as you said it would. To all of us. Having maybe 5 actual hours working PE into various scenes, and looking for the various dials to do stuff with, I am finally figuring out that it's pretty much all in there. Often just a different name scheme, but the very morph I am looking for. Sometimes in familiar places, sometimes not so much. But THERE, nonetheless. And all in all, she works a treat! In this, PE is no different than having to figure out the differences between Apollo Max and Michael 4. Except there is more to PE.
    $30 is a cheap price to pay for a very loaded new FIGURE, one with many Character sets included. PE certainly is worth the price, and using. She is now added to my small arsenal of favorite Figures. Great job Ero!
    McG.

• Latest render I made with Evo. I'm working on a new cycles shaderset that I can use in my EZskin3 plugin.
    Evo has a very sophisticated and advanced set of textures and masks so making a new skinshader is tempting compaired with for example the V4 set. This is one of the results so far with the caucasian normal textures.
    I love the overwhelming set of morphs Erogenesis has put in her.
    She is a stunning beauty!
    This is a scene with an indoor HDRI light on Snarly's skydome and two spotlights.

0_1515847505610_Evolution002.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@bopperthijs Wow, great work so far. Love her glossy lips. Cant' wait for the finished EZSkin :)
    I agree, Evolution is pure epic. Love her . She has morphs for everybody's taste . Erogenesis did here some awesome job.

• @Ladonna Thank you!

Here is another render of the same girl but now in an outdoor scene, a HDRI light and a single infinite (sun) light.

0_1515850264870_Evolution003.jpg

By the way, both renders were made in Superfly, 30 samples GCU settings

• Poser Ambassadors

@bopperthijs

Both images are very beautiful! :)

• @bopperthijs I have to agree with Karanta. Both those renders are lovely.

• @kalypso said in Project Evolution for Poser:

@sledge Here are the scenes that Jura shared. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/contributor/jura11
    For the above image I used the Simple Bathroom, hid the fixtures and changed the material on the floor using one of Jura's again which is included with one of these sets. Everything you need is included in the scene, really great work!

Thanks for the details!!

• Evolution using Ghostship's Eyes in Superfly.
    0_1515874471097_Evolution-GhostshipEyes.jpg

• @redphantom Yes, CPU, too.

• @adosity
    Yes. Again, even a developer for Cycles has said outright that Branched Path Tracing is slower. Much, much slower. But even if they hadn't, settings are kind of moot. It's about results. Using BPT, not only was I set to take about half a day or more for the same render that took me half an hour or less (GPU vs. CPU), but after 3 or 4 hours it was at a much, much lower quality.

• @kalypso BPT is a deliberately slower render method that's supposed to result in fewer fireflies. I've never seen an improvement in results, and even in Blender with the latest Cycles of the time, using CPU, it was slower. But in Poser, with the same exact settings for the same exact scene as in Blender, BPT was at least one order of magnitude slower.

• Clowning around with PE (WIP)
    0_1515928534505_Clowning.png

• @kobaltkween I do all of my CPU renders in Superfly with BPT on. Without it, the fireflies never clear up. So, I think these blanket statements about render settings depend on 2 important things - 1) the user and 2) the system doing the render.

I have the ability to do GPU renders but they take MUCH longer than CPU and are not nearly as clear and clean of fireflies, so I do not waste my time. I would not, however, issue a blanket statement about GPU rendering because of the 2 things above - user and computer capabilities. PBR renders are not only dependent on the render engine, but those 2 pieces as well.

• @kobaltkween said in Project Evolution for Poser:

@kalypso BPT is a deliberately slower render method that's supposed to result in fewer fireflies. I've never seen an improvement in results, and even in Blender with the latest Cycles of the time, using CPU, it was slower. But in Poser, with the same exact settings for the same exact scene as in Blender, BPT was at least one order of magnitude slower.

BPT is intended to overcome issues with CPU rendering. It has no benefit to GPU rendering thus should be off for GPU & on For CPU.!
    0_1515945505527_Cheongsam.png
    14:23 mins. twin quadro 6000'2

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.