Issue with Poser Pro 11.1 Content Updater

• Hello folks,

I just wonder whether someone else has had this experience too, when upgrading to v 11.1:
    Upgrading the program itself worked fine, but with the content update DLM shows me a message, that the Poser executable is missing or the istall directory cannot be found. Although the pop up field is showing up the exact tree to my Poser installation, which means that it actually should have been found.
    I fiddled around several times, trying installation via DLM or manually with the downloaded exe (with admin rights, of course) - each time with the same frustrating result.

Edit: forgot to mention: my Runtimes are on a separate internal drive and this is still recognized correctly.

I would greatly appreciate if someone knew about and could help me out.
    Thx in advance.

Waldemar

• The Poser 11.1 Upgrade is free to Poser 11/Poser Pro 11 users.
    Launch Download Manager and download the Application installer, Support Files, and the Nude Figures installer. Run the full application installer from Download Manager and do not uninstall the current installation reusing your Preferences. Then run the Support Files and Nude Figure installer.
    Launch Poser and enjoy!

• ratscloset - thanks a lot, you made my day! This worked!

:-)

• I have the same problem; the version for most of the installers is 11.1.0.34764, Nude figures is 11.1.0.34759, and support files is 11.1.0.34766. The main installer for the program is 11.1.0.34759, as well, and the update for the program is 11.1.0.34764. All of these have run correctly, except for the Content Updater - this has an older version, 11.0.6.33625, so do I even need to run it, and if not, why is it there? As mentioned above, it states the Poser executable is missing, yet points to the folder in which it's installed, without fail. A bug in the DLM, or is it checking the version of the executable and not finding one that is old enough?

This is an upgrade over the PP11 I had already purchased, but I'm installing clean on a new machine, so there was no old content at all.

• @Ptrope I am having the same problems. Smith Micro apparently does not test these things before release. I had version 11 installed and the 11.1 "update" broke it. Poser support is pretty worthless as I submitted the problem nearly 12 hours ago without an answer. I've nearly always had problems with Poser's content scheme and now they've changed all the "support" logins. What a terrible programming team. How does one get support? No way to make a phone call.

• I'm having the same problem. I tried it numerous times and I kept getting a message to locate my Poser folder. When I point it to the folder it keeps asking the same thing over and over. I gave up.

• Same problem here, is that update even necessary any more as it does have an earlier version number?

• Mine installed correctly after following these instructions from Smith Micro support:

Thank you for contacting Support. Several of the files did not properly update originally.
    Launch Download Manager, click Reload, then download the Application installer and Content. They will all be listed as 11.1 now when downloading.
    Once all nine files are Downloaded, you will see Install Buttons appear in the Download Manager, use those to install the application and all the content. You will first install the Application, then the Content Installer Buttons will appear. You must install the Support Files to have full functionality of the application.

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
    Smith Micro Software, Inc. | www.smithmicro.com

• I have to re-download ALL 6.5GB of content to update to 11.1? All of it?? Oh, for crying out loud. I find it very, very difficult to believe that every single content file needed to be updated in order for 11.1 to work. Can you please just fix the content update download so that I don't waste time and bandwidth re-downloading files that really don't need to be re-downloaded?

• I have given up on this P.O.S. None of the suggestions have worked for me with installing the content. I still get the error message where it can't find my installation of Poser 11 even when I put the stupid update files in the same Poser 11 folder.

I'm going back to either using Poser Pro 2014 or the Poser 11 version before this nightmare update. I'll wait for the next update because this one is broken and there is no fix that will work for me even though I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

• So, I did all this -- uninstalled, re-downloaded all 6.5 GB of stuff, re-installed all 9 items, and I'm still getting the same error. I'm clearly not the only person with this issue. After having wasted several hours on this, I'm giving up. Maybe it'll be functional by the NEXT update.

@dkolasa said in Issue with Poser Pro 11.1 Content Updater:

Mine installed correctly after following these instructions from Smith Micro support:

Thank you for contacting Support. Several of the files did not properly update originally.
    Launch Download Manager, click Reload, then download the Application installer and Content. They will all be listed as 11.1 now when downloading.
    Once all nine files are Downloaded, you will see Install Buttons appear in the Download Manager, use those to install the application and all the content. You will first install the Application, then the Content Installer Buttons will appear. You must install the Support Files to have full functionality of the application.

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
    Smith Micro Software, Inc. | www.smithmicro.com

• Don't know if this is the same problem others are having, in my DLM everything on the installers tab works fine. the problem I have is the content installer on the updates tab, when I try to install that, it says it can't find poser, even when I manually drill down to it.
    The ver no. is 11.0.6.33625 shouldn't this have been included in the 11.1 update anyway?

• This is exactly what my problem is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch using the DIM. I have all the correct update files -- I can see them in my downloads folder -- but the 11.0.6.33625 content updater cannot locate Poser, even when manually directed there.

I don't use the content locations suggested by the installer due to a unique hard drive setup. Is this the problem?
    @jmf1964

• Okay. As insane as it sounds, I actually dug through old backups of my downloads folder and found the original Poser 11 downloads and ALL the updates installed since then. I manually backed up my preferences and base runtime. Then, starting from the beginning, I reinstalled everything in order. Each update since it was released, in order. When I got to the most recent update, I skipped installing the nine 11.1 software/content downloads and instead went directly to the 11.0.6.33625 content updater. It installed properly at that point.

• I had to remove the install manually and re-install (more than once) to overcome this.
    What eventually worked for me was:

1. I installed Poser 11 from the disc.
    2. Downloaded and ran Smith Micro Download Manager
    3. Downloaded all the updates and installers
    4. Ran the Poser 11 Content Updater for Mac version 11.0.6.33625 content updater (this installed but Download Manager still doesn't believe it and prompts to install even now).
    5. Ran the Poser 11 for Mac installer version 11.1.0.34759
    6. Ran the Poser 11 Update for Mac version 11.1.0.34764 (this installed but Download Manager still doesn't believe it and prompts to install even now).
    7. Ran all the other 11.1.0.34764 installers
    8. Ran the Poser Support Files for Mac installer version 11.1.0.34766
    9. Ran the Nude Figures for Mac installer version 11.1.0.34773

Previous attempts where I downloaded one installer and ran that then another etc. failed and got it so that I couldn't install content.
    So basically make sure you download everything before starting to update and install.
    Also make sure you install in version number order.

I don't know why the Updates don't "register as installed" inside the Download Manager (it said there was an error but there wasn't).

Hope that helps someone!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.