Is P5NudeWoman.obj and matching blHipNoGen.obj available from a legitimate source ?

• Is Poser5's original P5NudeWoman.obj and matching blHipNoGen.obj available from a legitimate source ?

I found a sweet ISOP Anime-ish morph, 'AnAn R2', which is Run Time Encoded to that figure.

Sadlly, RTE does not accept the the P5F 'Judy' from my registered P11 Pro......

• @nik_2213 are you talking about Judy (from Poser 5) or the P4 nude woman?

• @nik_2213 never mind, I did not read the entire post.

• @nik_2213 Poser is about as legitimate a source as you will find. If I recall correctly, An An was not made with P5 Judy.

• I've P3 off a cover-disk, a beloved P4, a never-installed P7 (That CAD Tower died too young ) and, a decade later, a budget P10 which I promptly upgraded to P11 Pro for its better scene capacity.

Sadly, no P5NudeWoman.obj etc...

The original ISOP readme suggested downloading such P5 files from Content Paradise via a valid P7 registration code. That facility is no longer available...

quote:
    A wonderful Japanese figure, AnAn R2 is a figure released for free on Poser ++ . It is based on Poser 5 standard women's figure, Judy. This time, I would like to introduce this AnAnR2 related information in a form.

Installation of AnAnR2
     AnAn R2 is released as difference data of Poser 5 standard women's figure Judy. Because of the copyright, the part included in Judy can not be distributed. In order to make the difference data usable, installation requires some work.

First of all, I will download the following. RTEncoder should be thought of as a tool to make figure difference data available.
    Click Key File and specify the following file
     C: \ Program Files \ Curious Labs \ Poser 6J \ Runtime \ Geometries \ P5NudeWoman \ P5NudeWoman.obj

• Additional note: Poser 7 does not come with the obj file above. Let's install Poser 5 content which can be downloaded free at content paradise.
      http://www.contentparadise.com/jp/user/poser_5_content_product_9751 (Poser 7 serial number is required)
      /
      No great loss if AnAn R2 cannot be made to work, of course, just a bit sad...
      Nik

• If there are stores selling the boxed Poser 6 disk version, buy that - it has the P5 content, if I am not mistaken. It would have to be really old boxed media , though !

• The Poser5 content used to be available as a download from SmithMicro. You needed a legit serial of Poser5 or up to get access. Not sure if this is still on.
    Nude Judy was left out of the Poser6 content because 'there was not enough space on the CD'. The download version was created to fill that gap.

Added:
    Check out http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-content-updates.html

• Thank you fverbaas !

Hmm. After entering my P11 serial, it says '404: page not found'.
    I'll raise a query...

• Support replied...

"Thank you for contacting Support. Poser 5 Legacy is not available for Poser 8 or later. This content was limited to Poser 5, Poser 6, and some versions of Poser 7."

• @nik_2213 Try ebay or Amazon

• I had a look on Amazon & eBay, drew blank...

Then, wondered if my un-opened P7 was a version which qualified for downloading those legacy updates mentioned by Support. Seems it does !! I've grabbed the P5, P6 and P7 packs, to be sure, to be sure...

Had to cancel and retry getting the P6 pack as download speed fell to ~40 KB/s, then just stopped. Second time around, bouncing between 100 and 1200 KB/s, but making good progress. Yay ! Safely in E: Drive's Po_WIP folder.

The P5 pack's Geometries include an OBJ with the right name. Its CRC may differ, of course. If the P5 pack's CRC does not match, perhaps the P6 or P7 packs' will...

I'm much too tired to wrangle the RTE tonight, will snatch a few hours of sleep, try tomorrow.

• Bad news and good...

The P5NudeWoman.OBJ and matching blHipNoGen.OBJ were only in the P5 pack.

( Hey, I was really, really tired, and our cats were 'helping' me... ;-) )

Good news, these are the correct files for use as AnAnR2's RTE keys.
    For reference, their details are...

P5NudeWoman.obj 3793527 bytes CRC32: 03414F98

blHipNoGen.obj 76758 bytes CRC32: 5C27B01B
    My thanks to every-one who's helped with this, especially Fverbaas for the Smith Micro link, and JohnC at CS Support.

Best Wishes for Xmas & New Year,
    Nik

• @nik_2213 said in Is P5NudeWoman.obj and matching blHipNoGen.obj available from a legitimate source ?:

Support replied...

"Thank you for contacting Support. Poser 5 Legacy is not available for Poser 8 or later. This content was limited to Poser 5, Poser 6, and some versions of Poser 7."

That's pretty darned silly; it's not like it's costing them anything to provide it. Glad I got it back in Poser 7 days...

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.