How to Scale Lines Without Losing Quality/Width

• Hi! I'm new here and I was wondering if someone could help me. I have had Paint Studio for a year now and I just started using it now. I been trying to draw some objects, however, there are times when I want to scale a line and once I do that it also scale the width of the line and loses quality. How can I do it without having this issue. In Photoshop there is a tool named Smart Object which allows you to scale a line without losing quality. I just want to know if it is possible to do that in Paint Studio. I have drawn something and I realized that I want it smaller than it looks and I don't wan to end up redrawing the whole thing just to make the lines how I want them.

• you could convert it from a raster layer to vector layer ( Layer>convert layer >Vector) ... and then if you scale it you uncheck the option called "change vector width".... The issue will be how cleanly it converts raster to vector.... it depends on the image ...sometimes ok and sometimes not.

• The problem with converting it to a vector is that the lines are sharp. It is not smooth like it used to be when it was a normal layer. The lines just look like sharp corners attached to another.

• How about drawing on the vectorlayer in the first place?

Mic

• @masusaca said in How to Scale Lines Without Losing Quality/Width:

The problem with converting it to a vector is that the lines are sharp. It is not smooth like it used to be when it was a normal layer. The lines just look like sharp corners attached to another.

Yes if the original was very anti-aliased then the vector will look sharper... but once rescaled you could rasterize it and then apply a weak blur filter. Its true that if you are likely to want to rescale in this fashion you are best drawing in vector in the first place.

Another thing to be aware of is that the line width correction tool ( which you might think only worked on vector) also works on raster lines..... so if you stayed in raster and rescaled you could then apply the correction tool to re-widen your lines

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.