Tips for new users to Poser

• Are you a new user to Poser? Are you frustrated because you can't get something to work the way you want it to? Ask us! Poser is able to do a lot of amazing things, but it's not always immediately clear how.

• Tip #1

What you don't know about Poser could fill a book. Read the Poser reference manual. If the Reference manual looks a little intimidating, Try the Quick Reference Card. which isn't quite as wordy. You can find both the Quick Reference Card and the Reference manual in the Documentations download installer that came with Poser.

• Poser Ambassadors

a) Open Poser
    b) Top menu => Go to the Windows Button
    c) In the drop down menu => Select "Quick start"
    d) You will find 5 main tutorial series:

• Basics
    • Library
    • Lighting
    • Cameras
    • First project
      => Click on select Project.
      Have fun using the Poser tools.

Here a screengrab of the "Basics" submenu.
    0_1514924987090_Quick-Start.jpg

Best regards, and a healthy 2018 all.

• Poser Ambassadors

Quick Quality check Render Tip !
    When setting up a big scene, and you are not completely sure about the material or node setup? Do this :

Open FireFly render engine setup and follow the screengrab settings to do a quick FireFly Progressive mode test-render
    => Enable the checkbox for Progressive Mode.
    => Quality ( and render time) are controlled by nbr of Pixel Samples => I use 3 to 4 for quick render tests.

This gives a FAST and relatively correct Preview render of what to expect in the FireFly AND in SuperFly render engines before committing to a long render with improved settings.
    0_1515013468054_Progressive.png

• Poser Ambassadors

My advise to new users.

If you made it here...

Start a thread and ask.

• My advice to new users: Know the difference between moving your figure's hip and moving their entire body.

• @moogaloonie said in Tips for new users to Poser:

My advice to new users: Know the difference between moving your figure's hip and moving their entire body.

Same advice to people creating poses!

• @moogaloonie said in Tips for new users to Poser:

My advice to new users: Know the difference between moving your figure's hip and moving their entire body.

@amethystpendant said in Tips for new users to Poser:

@moogaloonie said in Tips for new users to Poser:

Same advice to people creating poses!

I just can't overemphasize these hints too much because they are the most common source of errors in poses and lead to a lot of frustration when trying to pose figures.

I did cover this extensively in SASHA's manual (chapter2.4).
    Read it, try to understand it, and learn about gimbal locks and other naughty surprises of the 3D world.

Karina