question about LoadMorphTargetFile (python)

• Hello,
    I have a simple question, i just do that in the poser python shell (Poser 10, python 2.7.1):

obj = poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1")
    obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp" , "115.obj")

but the morph is not added in the parameters window of the object ..., no error message either, nothing happens ...
    is not that enough?
    Am I stupid?

please help ;)..., i need to do some automations with several morph target.

• I specify that my obj works very well when I use the menu => Object => Load morph target ...

• @robculp said in question about LoadMorphTargetFile (python):

Hello,
    I have a simple question, i just do that in the poser python shell (Poser 10, python 2.7.1):

obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp" , "115.obj")

but the morph is not added in the parameters window of the object ..., no error message either, nothing happens ...
    is not that enough?
    Am I stupid?

please help ;)..., i need to do some automations with several morph target.

Haven't got poser in front of me but ISTR the LoadMorphTargetFile just takes a path arg so it should be

obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp\\115.obj")

• Hi ,
    Hmm ..., I already tried, I re-try and..no, it makes me the same: it seems to work, no error returned, but no morph is added ..., strange ...
    indeed, there must be a problem with the path ..., sometimes with other syntaxes, Poser ask me to locate "temp" ..., Obviously I missed something...
    I feel like I tried everything yesterday, and when I do:

poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1").LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp\\115.obj")

then, i get a "Error parsing morph target file name"...

And with:

poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1").LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp", "115.obj")

then, he looks for "temp", and when i use an os.path.join : same ...
    Well, im too stupid..., I'm going to use "Poser file editor" from dimension3D to load my multiple morphs ...

I will try that with an more recent version of Poser...,
    Thanks anyway, friend ! ;))

• Poser Ambassadors

The documentation (both external and internal) for the method LoadMorphTargetFile is incorrect.

The parameters are file_name, morph_name.

Try obj.LoadMorphTarget("c:\\Temp\\115.obj", "MyMorph")

I figured this out by thinking about how a morph target loader method could work without having a second argument for the morph name - it could not possibly work. Therefore there had to be one.

• @bagginsbill Yep, that works, I was assuming it would do what the UI does and take the morph name to be the same as the file with the .obj stripped out

• Poser Ambassadors

My phrasing was off. As you point out, it could work by taking the name from the file. However, while that would be a reasonable behavior, SM are frequently unreasonable, and I would expect to be ABLE to specify the morph name.

From there, it was an easy guess that you are REQUIRED to specify the morph name.