question about LoadMorphTargetFile (python)

• Hello,
    I have a simple question, i just do that in the poser python shell (Poser 10, python 2.7.1):

obj = poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1")
    obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp" , "115.obj")

but the morph is not added in the parameters window of the object ..., no error message either, nothing happens ...
    is not that enough?
    Am I stupid?

please help ;)..., i need to do some automations with several morph target.

• I specify that my obj works very well when I use the menu => Object => Load morph target ...

• @robculp said in question about LoadMorphTargetFile (python):

Hello,
    I have a simple question, i just do that in the poser python shell (Poser 10, python 2.7.1):

obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp" , "115.obj")

but the morph is not added in the parameters window of the object ..., no error message either, nothing happens ...
    is not that enough?
    Am I stupid?

please help ;)..., i need to do some automations with several morph target.

Haven't got poser in front of me but ISTR the LoadMorphTargetFile just takes a path arg so it should be

obj.LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp\\115.obj")

• Hi ,
    Hmm ..., I already tried, I re-try and..no, it makes me the same: it seems to work, no error returned, but no morph is added ..., strange ...
    indeed, there must be a problem with the path ..., sometimes with other syntaxes, Poser ask me to locate "temp" ..., Obviously I missed something...
    I feel like I tried everything yesterday, and when I do:

poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1").LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp\\115.obj")

then, i get a "Error parsing morph target file name"...

And with:

poser.Scene().Actor("position0B_1").LoadMorphTargetFile("C:\\Temp", "115.obj")

then, he looks for "temp", and when i use an os.path.join : same ...
    Well, im too stupid..., I'm going to use "Poser file editor" from dimension3D to load my multiple morphs ...

I will try that with an more recent version of Poser...,
    Thanks anyway, friend ! ;))

• Poser Ambassadors

The documentation (both external and internal) for the method LoadMorphTargetFile is incorrect.

The parameters are file_name, morph_name.

Try obj.LoadMorphTarget("c:\\Temp\\115.obj", "MyMorph")

I figured this out by thinking about how a morph target loader method could work without having a second argument for the morph name - it could not possibly work. Therefore there had to be one.

• @bagginsbill Yep, that works, I was assuming it would do what the UI does and take the morph name to be the same as the file with the .obj stripped out

• Poser Ambassadors

My phrasing was off. As you point out, it could work by taking the name from the file. However, while that would be a reasonable behavior, SM are frequently unreasonable, and I would expect to be ABLE to specify the morph name.

From there, it was an easy guess that you are REQUIRED to specify the morph name.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.