HDRI image source

• HDRLabs' sIBL Archive also has a neat little program for creating sIBLs. I also found a video tutorial someplace with a walk-through on its use. It's quite simple once you know the process. The sIBL editor can tone map the background image itself, but I use EasyHDR or Machinery HDR for the BG image, as was suggested in the video.

• Poser Ambassadors

HDRI Heaven has IMHO the best HDRI images. I use them since very long . With the sIBL editor i transform them for to use in EZDome from Snarly .

• @eclark1849 Thanks for your Poser Vendor Directory. Problem is, I just took a gander at it and its going to cost me $24.95 for some Superfly materials that I can't live without. Such is life in the Poserverse.

• @ribroast Nevermind LOL I see your comments on ShareCG. What textures are you referring to that will cost $25?

• @ribroast Are you talking about VinceBagna's Superfly Materials at DAZ? Believe it or not, that's not that high. In fact, I have those. Although admittedly, Ghostship's free is a much better price.

• @eclark1849 Internet went out last night, bad ice storm here. Don't happen very often, internet is usually very dependable. Yes, I have Ghostship's shaders, very nice, thanks for those. I was thinking about VinceBagna's Superfly Materials at DAZ for quite awhile, that would require me to log into DAZ and give them my money, not crazy about that. However, thanks to the Poser Vendor Directory I saw one that I was not aware of here, http://hivewire3d.com/shop/utilities-resources/phd-photoreal-superfly-vol-1.html. And it is a merchant resource, so one could modify them at will and kind of (sort of) call it your own, with credit given to the original author of course. I am happy to find them, thanks. I also bought the D3D Superfly shaders and the tutorial that goes along with them back when they first came out. Was very sad to hear of his passing. The shaders that I have made for Superfly so far are the Physical Surface type, using the Physical Surface Root node. I take a lot of landscape pictures in the summer, and I will usually take some pictures of the dirt or grass while I am at it and make them seamless for 3D use. I also make many seamless tiles with Genitica, which I bought when it was still in beta. I've been thinking of putting some collections of those on ShareCG, but they always need to be tweaked a lot in every different scene depending on what surfaces you use them on, the lighting, etc. The Physical Surface type of shaders work good for dirt, asphalt, etc but not so well for metal, unless it is very corroded or rusty. I'm not sure that a lot of Poser users would appreciate shaders that are not easy to get good results with out of the box. I also have a small collection of shaders that I have made from discussions on this forum, where some people have put up screen shots of shader trees that where very helpful. Special thanks to Bagginsbill in regard to those, but also anyone who has done that as well.

• @ribroast those shaders at Hivewire just do the same thing that my shader does.

• @ribroast If you got a non-metal surface plug your texture map into the diffuse and plug bump into the bump port. Experiment with bump amount and roughness. If you have a metal surface plug your map into the glossy port and set reflective to 1 and you have metal. Again play with your bump and roughness settings. It also does SSS and refraction. SSS mixes with diffuse and refraction replaces diffuse. Again play with roughness and bump maps.

• @ghostship This is in regard to your shader tree, correct? I was not sure how to implement my tiled images there. thanks, I'll give it a try. Too late, I already got the one at Hivewire. My collection of shaders for SF is very small compared to what I have amassed for FF over the years. The more the better when it comes to shaders. I have used your uber shader quite a bit, but I have not used it to its full potential, obviously.