3d coat materials to poser ?

• Playing with evaluation version of 3D Coat
    Looking for someone experimented in exporting materials from 3DCoat into painter. How do you do it ?
    For now best results with exporting for 3DS MAX, but i feel it could be much better...

thank you.

• Hello Isauvage.
    I use 3D Coat. (The full version) perhaps it is different, but once you have baked your materials onto your mesh in 3DC, it gives you the option to save your mats in any common format you want, eg TGS, JPG, PNG etc. I export onto Corel Photopaint and tweek the mats in there if it is needed.
    Hope it helps :)
    Pat.

• Thanks you for you answer. I've seen I can export lot of image maps for normals, diffuse and so on, but i was looking for a setup of nodes in materials rooms, and may be a way to convert pbr shaders to superfly nodes it it exists.
    I didn't spent a lot of time on it as sculpting et retopology needs so time to learn. But as I bought the full licence, i enjoy very much 3DCoat, i will have to go to the end.

• I know this topic is old, but here it is anyway. :)

This video can help in figuring out where the different maps generated by 3dcoat can go in a Superfly setup. The entire video is informative, but the Poser specific stuff is at about 8:22 in the video. Even though the video is about using Substance designer, the same files are generated in 3dCoat. I use 3dCoat's PBR materials to paint with all the time, and use the method in this tutorial. Hope this helps.

• @david Thank you, it was very informative it helped !

• I've just started playing with Texture paint in Blender which allows you to paint directly on to your mesh and then save the image. Not completely got the hang of it yet but it is quite nice for a free tool

• @amethystpendant said in 3d coat materials to poser ?:

I've just started playing with Texture paint in Blender which allows you to paint directly on to your mesh and then save the image. Not completely got the hang of it yet but it is quite nice for a free tool

I'm not familiar with that tool Amanda. Is it already included with Blender, or something I need to download?

• @Miss-B Its part of Blender core (it's available from the same drop down as Object Mode or Edit Mode) takes a bit of setting up as you have to load or create an image but there are several tutorials on the web to get you going

• @amethystpendant Thanks Amanda. I guess you know what I'll be doing today. ~wink~

• @Miss-B said in 3d coat materials to poser ?:

@amethystpendant Thanks Amanda. I guess you know what I'll be doing today. ~wink~

And when you've done that are you going to be looking at texture paint? ~bigger wink~

• @amethystpendant said in 3d coat materials to poser ?:

@Miss-B said in 3d coat materials to poser ?:

@amethystpendant Thanks Amanda. I guess you know what I'll be doing today. ~wink~

And when you've done that are you going to be looking at texture paint? ~bigger wink~

Well, I was just looking at it, BUT, I can't seem to get it to "paint" anything. I chose a color, selected Use Gradient, and a few other options, but my UV map is still blank. I'm sure there must be a tutorial out there, because what I found in the Blender Manual isn't helping all that much.

• Hi @Miss-B This is the one that got me started

as I said it takes a bit of setting up linking the render nodes to the UV map and blank image (or loaded image) and even then I had to do it a couple of times before I got it working

• @amethystpendant The other videos that pop up after this one ends are really good too. I've watched quite a few of them since I decided I wanted to learn Blender. But I haven't gotten very far with it yet. I still have to figure out hot keys.

• @rokketman Agreed, and what I like is that they are quick, you don't have to sit through 5 mins of someone talking about taking their dog for a walk, screwing up what they were supposed to be doing and then redoing it so quickly you can't see everything they do!

• @amethystpendant Oh, thank you for that Amanda. It's bookmarked for now, but I'll definitely be checking that out later today.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.