CLS on Samsung Notebook Pro 9

• Thought I would share my experiences recently with CSP on the Samsung Notebook Pro 9 (15.6 inch).
    I bought it because it had the Wacom EMR technology and Yes... the pressure sensitivity and tilt ( angle and pen direction) all work brilliantly with CSP ... my pens and brushes do all the things they do on my main Cintiq station. I also bought the pseudo Staedtler pencil which works really well and is more comfortable to use that the tiny pen that lives in the laptop.
    Just clicking the preference "interface> configure basic layout for tablets" packed away the palettes for very efficient use of the limited screen display.... My only gripe is that I like to use the tablet in portrait mode and the automatic display& hide of pallets display them top to bottom of the whole screen ( taking way too much space)... I can't find a way yet to make them appear smaller.
    As I prefer to use it as a tablet , it means the keyboard disappears around the back and is disabled... so I really miss the modifier keys and shortcuts. I tried out the Tablet Pro App which sort of works but I don't like it ... e.g. if a press a "Space" button on screen and the apply the pen the automatic touch cutout switches off the "space" so it does not work.... and its taking screen space. I considered the Wacom and the Hujion remotes but they are very expensive , have only about 14 keys and require a transmitter into one of the two USB ports. Instead I bought a small Maplin bluetooth keyboard and that works perfectly ( and gives me 60 modifier and shortcut keys)....its working very well (and cost me just £7)

The only other negative is that I find the screen too slippy.... not for the pen but for the base of my hand slipping around so I have less anchorage than on my Cintiq. I tried to solve this with a so called Matt screen protector... but a) it was still slippy for my hand and b) the pen point dragged horribly on its surface, so I took that off again. In the end I have solved this with a simple cheap solution.... I bought some thin non slip matting ( £1 from a local store) and cut a little strip that I tuck into a tablet drawing glove ... front and back so that it hangs under the base of my hand... Now it all feels almost exactly the same as the Cintiq.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.