Repurposing Project Evolution Mannequin to Other Figures

• When I first got my hands on Ero's dress mannequin for PE, my reaction was, "Man, I want one of these for ALL my figures." I like to fool around and use Poser and DS resources for their not intended purposes, so I decided to try to adapt the mannequin to Pauline. I have a shameful aversion to dynamic clothing. No vendor has created a long conforming dress for Pauline that can be used as a donor rig in the setup room for converting clothes from other figures such as G3F, and I haven't bothered to learn to rig that myself. So I thought the mannequin could open the door to rigged long dresses.

I conformed the mannequin to Pauline, adjusted the y trans on the hip to 0.275, and enlarged the body on the z axis to 104 percent. It was a pretty good match. I adjusted the arms to match Pauline's as far as they would bend and then used the morph brush to get a fit for the body down to the wrists. The hands will never match, but that's no big deal.

0_1516621508848_Pauline with Project Evolution Mannequin Conformed.jpg

Next, I tested Maja's Cocktail Dress 3, which has a conforming top and a dynamic skirt. In the fitting room, I applied the skirt prop to the non-zeroed mannequin. I got a conforming skirt with functioning mannequin morphs that follows poses nicely and has control handles to adjust the drape. I did some touch up for poke through with the morph brush brush on the lower back and glutes. This is Pauline 2 African wearing my test rig.

0_1516621971663_Pauline 2 Maja Cocktail Dress 3.jpg

I haven't tried it yet to try it with figures like Bella, who are going to need similar help in all probability. Purchasing dynamic clothing now looks like a much better deal for me.

• I should have said it has skirt bones and control handles.

• Yes, these mannequins are a driving force behind the figure and yes it would be good to have such mannequins for various figures.
    The idea of a dedicated rig donor for skirts figures can be expanded. .

If you seek mannequin like geometries for Miki 3/4, Pauline and Bella, check out the Prefittter_CR2 on ContentParadise. The base version is geard towards shape conversion from V4 to the target figures. The developer version (click on the 'select version' button) contains the meshes so you can to build from there. I did not go the the length of making them rig donor also but you are welcome to rig them and push them forward into mannequins like PE's.

• I like what I see. I will have to delve further into this. If I ever get my hands on PE...

• @F_Verbaas It's FREE? NICE!!!

• @rokketman Yes Rokket, the "demo" version is free. It doesn't have all the morphs of the pay-for full version, but should be enough for you to work with.

Oh, and you can get the Dev Kit for just $5. That's what has the mannequins in it for content creators.

• @rokketman
    Yes, my prefitter is free.
    It does not cover PE though. PE appeared after the Prefitter came out. I intended a PE addon but since PE has its own, much better, tools to make V4 garments I decided not to.
    I presume the principle is clear so you can assemble your own converters to suit your needs.
    Hints:

• use your own character of your favorite figure as the central point. In the prefitter I struggled with too many target figures.

• make it one group and add one bone to make it a one body part character. Poser for reasons best known to itself does not let you copy morphs from a prop to a character.

• problem areas are crotch, armpits, and ankles. Add some morphs to correct problem areas and morphs to move other not direct connected bodyparts out of the way. This is feet-ankles in particular. When copying morphs into left shoe, move right foot far avay so it will not interfere.

• F_Verbaas, I really like your prefitter. Have you considered making one for males? I'd pay good money for that.

• @ssgbryan
    Thank you.
    I do not use the males very often, so I had not considered a male version.
    However it could be done, of course.
    Do you know of more people who would be interested?

• @F_Verbaas

Anyone that uses male figures. The reality is that anyone that needs a full wardrobe for males needs to pull from everyone from Michael 2 and P6 James forward.

The legacy figures I would like to see are Apollo Maximus, Michael 3, James, and Simon.

• @ssgbryan
    Not sure how many use Male figures LOL!

I just took a cross look at Mike 4 geometry.
    I think the problem for him will be to avoid cross talk between the legs when copying morphs. He keeps them cramped together. Also there is a lot of 'noise' from the muscular shape.
    Do you have any success with him in the Fitting Room?

And for old figures: You do not per chance have PhilC's ClothingCreator somewhere? It comes with geometry and conversion morphs for a wide set of legacy figures. I had the idea for the Prefitter from there, combining this with present Poser functionality.

• @F_Verbaas said in Repurposing Project Evolution Mannequin to Other Figures:

@ssgbryan
    Not sure how many use Male figures LOL!

I just took a cross look at Mike 4 geometry.
    I think the problem for him will be to avoid cross talk between the legs when copying morphs. He keeps them cramped together. Also there is a lot of 'noise' from the muscular shape.
    Do you have any success with him in the Fitting Room?

And for old figures: You do not per chance have PhilC's ClothingCreator somewhere? It comes with geometry and conversion morphs for a wide set of legacy figures. I had the idea for the Prefitter from there, combining this with present Poser functionality.

I have both all of the Wardrobe Wizard modules as well as the Xdresser modules. Between the two of them, I can get most things moved around, albeit with some difficulty (Xdresser is a windows only app that REALLY doesn't like to run in emulation), and afa the WW modules, they are fairly convoluted. I also tend to lose the movement morphs.

I've used the fitting room with great success when using Lyrra's Fit Room kits for the hivewire figures and Paul & Pauline. I wish she would make them for more figures, but so far, no joy.

• @Miss-B I was talking about the prefitter, Miss B, not PE. I know about the demo, I just haven't been able to download it.

• @fverbaas I wouldn't need it to cover PE. I don't have her. But I do have a lot of others I would love to convert V4 stuff to.

• @rokketman said in Repurposing Project Evolution Mannequin to Other Figures:

@Miss-B I was talking about the prefitter, Miss B, not PE. I know about the demo, I just haven't been able to download it.

AHA! I misunderstood.

• @rokketman
    Well I am an absolute hoarder when it comes to figures but made a choice of today's figures I thought most in demand. The Prefitter is heavy enough as it is.
    Procedure to make your own additons is in the readme.
    You can use the one month free trial of MD for this.

• @fverbaas said in Repurposing Project Evolution Mannequin to Other Figures:

@rokketman
    Well I am an absolute hoarder when it comes to figures but made a choice of today's figures I thought most in demand. The Prefitter is heavy enough as it is.
    Procedure to make your own additons is in the readme.
    You can use the one month free trial of MD for this.

Neither Beta-Prefitter_V4-x.zip nor Prefitter_CR2-V2.zip come with a readme file.

• @ssgbryan
    Hmm I thought it was in the downlosd files. Let me see.
    All info on usage is here though.

• @fverbaas said in Repurposing Project Evolution Mannequin to Other Figures:

@ssgbryan
    Hmm I thought it was in the downlosd files. Let me see.
    All info on usage is here though.

Thank you so much for sharing that link! I downloaded the PreFitter a while back, but the zip file contained no instructions so I had no idea what to do with it. I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw this post, and now that I've read the instructions, I'm excited to give it a try!

• @perpetualrevision
    I re-added the readme file on the site
    not clear how it got missing