The New Content Paradise, any details?

• Is there any Smith Micro news regarding the redesign of Content Paradise and when the rollout may happen?

• Hehe, Hello? (echo, echo, echo...) Ha, I'll even take rampant speculation from The Peanuts Gallery :D

• Redesign not yet. Fixing and getting it on the road is mostly done. Once we get this one running we will be able to focus on aesthetics and making it a better shopping site.

• Cool. Thank you for the reply, sir :) Will CP eventually get a newsletter, or perhaps a monthly magazine? How may we ("The Poser Community") best be of assistance to you and the rest of the SM Team towards the efforts at CP and here?

• @nerd3d said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

Redesign not yet. Fixing and getting it on the road is mostly done. Once we get this one running we will be able to focus on aesthetics and making it a better shopping site.

The last redesign that happened, I lost my entire past history of purchases, which was a lot of items ranging from G2 Jessi/Olivia and Miki 1/2 to all the SM clothing that came out for the figures. Please tell me that isn't going to happen again because I'll be very sad if it is. :(

• Poser Ambassadors

@nerd3d said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

Redesign not yet. Fixing and getting it on the road is mostly done. Once we get this one running we will be able to focus on aesthetics and making it a better shopping site.

May I suggest a promosize of 800 x 800 pixels, cause the current 3 "thumbnails" of 400 pixels is not enough to show all options and views.

Promo's are just as important as the product itself.

• @johndoe641 Wow, that stinks! No we won't lose your history data. That's just not acceptable.

• @Biscuits Yes we are looking at different layouts for the store. And I agree the current one is ... not ideal.

• @nerd3d I had the same problem as JohnDoe641. I keep a spreadsheet listing all products, invoice nos. and dates of purchase from all the 3D stores I buy from, and my account at CP does not list 24 items I purchased between Feb. 2008 and June 2009, including Wardrobe Wizard 2 and 6 addon packs I purchased while PhilC was still selling it at CP.

Luckily, I back up everything on an external so don't need to re-download any of them, though with CP's current download policy that would be impossible anyway, but without the items showing in my Account's Order History, I have no proof I purchased them from CP.

• @Miss-B said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

@nerd3d I had the same problem as JohnDoe641. I keep a spreadsheet listing all products, invoice nos. and dates of purchase from all the 3D stores I buy from, and my account at CP does not list 24 items I purchased between Feb. 2008 and June 2009, including Wardrobe Wizard 2 and 6 addon packs I purchased while PhilC was still selling it at CP.

CP redid their site on June 1st, 2009 with a new store and eliminated the CP forums. The order history did not transfer over, but it could be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from the old site, which I did at the time. The old history was accessible for a time on retro.contentparadise.com by logging in, but the site doesn't seem to be reachable anymore; it's been seven years, after all...

• @wandw Oh I understand. I wasn't expecting to be able to download anything at this point in time, but it would be nice to be able to see all my purchases in my order history. Luckily I keep spreadsheets up-to-date so I know what I purchased from where, when and have invoice numbers, but CP's the only store where I don't have every single purchase listed in my account's order history. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't be listed there, even if they couldn't be downloaded any more.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B The same thing happened to me, and since I was immersed in school at the time, I didn't even know until much later, when the window to get the history from the previous site had long since expired. It also had a record of serial numbers to software I had bought, which I could no longer access, so I wound up losing my serials to Shade and Anime Studio at the time, and a couple others I think. But I had backed up the poser content I'd bought so that wasn't my main concern.

IIRC, you had to create a new user account on the new site.

• @AmbientShade said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

IIRC, you had to create a new user account on the new site.

I don't recall, but you're probably correct.

• Will everything from the current Content Paradise be ported over to the new site? Some of us have literally hundreds of items already in Content Paradise.

• I have a question about the direction of the "new" Content Paradise. Now up until now, I've been an advocate of SM/Poser joining forces with Hivewire and championing Dawn as the new "official" Poser figure. I still believe that should happen, although after their last "marriage" to a third party figure maker, I can understand Poser being a little gunshy about getting married again.

So my question is, which figure will the new CP champion? And will the store be a separate entity from the software if they champion a native Poser figure like Pauline?
    I've said before that if they go with Pauline, and frankly, this should be the case regardless of what figure they choose, if Poser is going to keep releasing a new and "different" figure for each new version, will CP fully support that figure with new morphs and clothing and textures, or are they going to rely on vendors to step in and fill that void?

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 That is the difference between DAZ, Hivewire and SM.

DAZ and Hivewire sell figures and content. It's what they do.

Poser sells an app, and the base figures are only "technology demo's."
    Nothing more nothing less.

Unless there is a policy change for a future Poser version?
    It is not their purpose to become popular.
    They serve to show the technology and the new functions of the app.

In my very personal opinion?
    Rex-Roxie are the "best" native Poser figures.

• @eclark1849 said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

I have a question about the direction of the "new" Content Paradise. Now up until now, I've been an advocate of SM/Poser joining forces with Hivewire and championing Dawn as the new "official" Poser figure. I still believe that should happen, although after their last "marriage" to a third party figure maker, I can understand Poser being a little gunshy about getting married again.

So my question is, which figure will the new CP champion? And will the store be a separate entity from the software if they champion a native Poser figure like Pauline?
    I've said before that if they go with Pauline, and frankly, this should be the case regardless of what figure they choose, if Poser is going to keep releasing a new and "different" figure for each new version, will CP fully support that figure with new morphs and clothing and textures, or are they going to rely on vendors to step in and fill that void?

I second the Dawn thing. IMO she is the best of the non-Daz figures and would be even better if some money got behind her and they developed a 2.0 version.

• There is also the Poser add-on store:
    http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-add-ons.html

To me the relation is a bit unclear. One product, two associated shops that seem to have a brick wall between them. Pauline-Teen in one and Pauline-Advanced in the other...

• It's been over 4 months since there's been any word on the "New" Content Paradise store revamp. I have two questions which concern me.

1. Will there be any changes to the product submission guidelines? Frankly, I think I'd like to see a standardization of the guidelines across the industry. That would help streamline things a bit for the vendors.

2. Will there be any Q&A guidelines and submissions vendors have to pass?

• @meshbox said in The New Content Paradise, any details?:

Will everything from the current Content Paradise be ported over to the new site? Some of us have literally hundreds of items already in Content Paradise.

I am concerned about this as well.