Major Text Formatting Problems Here - Bold/Italic Deletes Text !

• I've just realized that if a piece of text includes a CR/LF (or whatever) and you make it bold or italic, then everything after the EOL is deleted

This is the first line.
    This is the second line.
    This is the third line.
    This is the fifth line.

The above should be six lines (as in the screenshot just before it), but the 4th was deleted when I made the 3rd and 4th bold, and the 6th was deleted when I made the 5th and 6th italic.

Try it yourself...

Oh dear - this is even worse than Renderosity's markdown problems!

Please fix it !

• @3dcheapskate
    Ah ha! So it's not just me then.
    Ya, this needs to be fixed.

• Poser Ambassadors

Markdown is the stupidest thing. This is how we used to write in the 80s. Three years ago at Rendo we had a very good editor with what you see is what you get. Now we're all programmers again trying to guess how things will come out with a text rendering engine that's as buggy as our graphics tools.

I'm disgusted by the whole thing.

• Poser Ambassadors

Here is a very good article on: Why Markdown is bad

The author doesn't seem to be aware of this even more ridiculous pandemic of markdown in forum software that is proliferating in the last year. It's truly a crime.

Google Docs is quite old and shows the way - it is completely possible to allow ordinary humans to see formatted text while editing in a web app (and even collaborate with others!) This business of making end users into programmers who have to manually codify their formatted text is absolutely disgusting laziness and programmer-nerd hubris.

• administrators

Thanks for reporting the bug. I will look into it.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.