Poser 2014 folder creation

• When I try to create a folder to add one or more characters to a library folder called "crew", I get this error.
    bolded textCannot create library folder C:\Charecter\crew.
    Anyone ever have this problem?

• You need to add one more folder for the library to recognize that location..

Go to C:\Character\crew in Explorer and add a folder in crew named Runtime so you end up with C:\Character\crew\Runtime.

Then go back to the library, click on the add library button and browse to C:\Character\crew and add that to Library.
    Poser will add the rest of the file structure under Runtime when you add it to the library.

• @shvrdavid said in Poser 2014 folder creation:

You need to add one more folder for the library to recognize that location..

Go to C:\Character\crew in Explorer and add a folder in crew named Runtime so you end up with C:\Character\crew\Runtime.

Then go back to the library, click on the add library button and browse to C:\Character\crew and add that to Library.
    Poser will add the rest of the file structure under Runtime when you add it to the library.

Just to add: this will make the name of the Poser Library "crew". If you want it called something else, rename that folder before adding the Library in Poser.

Also, you might want to move it out of the parent folder C:\Character, and into a more appropriate location for your Poser libraries. Again, you will need to do this before adding the Library in Poser.

• In windows explorer I create a folder in the Character folder called "crew". I then add a sub-folder called Runtime.
    Then I open up poser 2014 and see that Crew and the runtime folder have been added. I the load my character and at the bottom of the right side of the screen I click on "add to library". I then enter the character's group name ACTOR01. I select to save the whole group, (clothes, figure and props). I now get a warning: Cannot open C:\Program Files\smithmicro\poserpro2014\runtime\libraries\character\crew\actor01.cr2.

If select the runtime folder and try and add it there, I get the same result

• Poser Ambassadors

Don't put your own stuff in the program files runtime; Windows' User Account Control will block that. Use the public documents...downloads\runtime.

• Its working fine now thanks.
    I created a folder on an external drive and included a Runtime folder.
    Much thanks...