delete runtime folder

• Hi all. Using Poser 10, is there a way to delete a runtime folder I accidentally added to my library list? It is empty and I just don't want it to show up in the list of libraries. Tried the delete key. Thanks!

• Top right corner of the library click the remove library icon 0_1516728700312_63205e63-0687-469e-b91a-fe024ca0755e-image.png and select the runtime from the displayed list (drop down)

Amanda

• Thanks Amanda. Problem is I only have the "+" sign for add library in the top right corner.

• @rvgara
    Perhaps the problem is that you have to select the library that you want to delete, BEFORE you can see the Delete Library icon. If you have the default library selected, that one cannot be deleted and may be why you don't see the icon.

• Thanks. I have selected the errant folder but still no "delete library" option is available.

• You can go into your library file and delete it manually. Go to C:\Users*yournamehere*\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\10 and open LibraryPrefs.xml file with a text editor (not word) and delete it.

Look for something like this <ContentFolder folder="F:\Poser stuff\Poser Runtimes\Aiko\Runtime\libraries" index="5" searchIndexed="1" /> and delete the line. Obviously the F:\Poser stuff\Poser Runtimes\Aiko\Runtime\libraries will match the path of the runtime you want to delete rather than my path to my Aiko runtime.

• Poser Ambassadors

This was a weirdness that we had no visual object representing an entire runtime.

Selecting a folder in the tree doesn't qualify exactly as intuitive. But neither was what we did, which is to require that you choose to only Show Library X. Once you do, the button to delete that library shows up.

0_1516736875319_286af135-d0e0-48bc-b025-bb8a64ecbaf9-image.png

Note: Always say and look at what version of Poser you're asking for or answering help on. The answers given were for Poser 11. OP asked for Poser 10. I'm showing you Poser 10.

• Poser Ambassadors

@amethystpendant said in delete runtime folder:

Top right corner of the library click the remove library icon 0_1516728700312_63205e63-0687-469e-b91a-fe024ca0755e-image.png and select the runtime from the displayed list (drop down)

Amanda

This is Poser 11 not Poser 10.

• Poser Ambassadors

@rvgara said in delete runtime folder:

Thanks. I have selected the errant folder but still no "delete library" option is available.

The library is actually 9 folders. You did, indeed, select a content folder but you can't delete library with a chosen content folder.

See - not intuitive.

Fun thing for collectors of words: synecdoche.

• @bagginsbill Thanks! That was easy! Not intuitive but works.

• @rvgara Define "intuitive", and then explain how to make something intuitive for everyone. Poser is very intuitive for me. I have few problems understanding it, or how things work, where things go... etc. DS, on the other hand is like being lost in a nightmare with no discernible way out for me. A lot of people find it very intuitive. Just not me. On the other hand, I don't like and never have liked Poser's lighting widget. I don't think it's very intuitive, but I am used to it.