Cursor Lag in Studio Paint EX

• Hello. I've decided to give this program another try a few years later after initially dropping it. Unfortunately the issue that plagued it before it still there. The cursor is lagging every half a second as I move it across the canvas. I was able to fix this by setting the Brush-Type cursor in Preferences to Dot, but I wish for this to be a temporary fix. Have the cursor be the proper brush size would help me out quite a bit when drawing. Does anyone know how to fix this permanently? Thank you!

• @fidchell Have you updated to the latest version?

• If the latest version as of today is 1.7.3, then yes.

• You'll have to post your setup specs. Hardware and operating system. 1.7.3 is stable as far as I'm aware so maybe more information about your setup is needed.

• Running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

• That system should have no trouble at all. There must be a software conflict somewhere or a corrupted installation. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else had experienced this problem and can help.

• That does not make sense to me... changing the cursor type should not make much difference. On that spec PC you should have good performance.... If you use large brush on a large canvas at 1200 Pixels per inch it may get laggy.... but so would any raster program ( e.g.photoshop would generally be worse for the same resolution). If it was generally strangely slow then Garlam would be right that you have some driver/software clash.... but if its solved by changing the cursor type then I suspects its not lag but something else around you not liking about the cursor types ( some people really want cursors that are the true size and shape of the brush but CSP does not do that....probably in order to avoid associated lag )

• this was discussed a few times recently on the clipstudiopaint subreddit, oftentimes the culprit is mouse or some sort of xbox software that you might have installed alongside clip.

if nothing similar pops up, message them through the english clip studio website support form, you'll get a reply from the official support team for clip.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.