CSP Free Transform one direction only.

• Is there a way to use the free transform but only drag a handle in one direction?
    I only want to move the handle in the middle top up but not move it horizontally. Is there a way?
    OSX El Capitan
    Ver 10.11.6 Clip Studio Paint EX Ver.1.7.3
    alt text

• Yes... if you want to drag that point only up and down hold down the CTRL key while dragging.
    Holding CTRL and ALT together the two opposite mid points will act in unison ... pinching or stretching from both sides.

If you only want to drag it left and right hold the shift key down

This works mainly with those mid points ...the corners work differently.... but worth knowing is holding CTRL down when dragging a corner holds everything in proportion and just scales the area big or small

• @888toto said in CSP Free Transform one direction only.:

Yes... if you want to drag that point only up and down hold down the CTRL key while dragging.
    Holding CTRL and ALT together the two opposite mid points will act in unison ... pinching or stretching from both sides.

If you only want to drag it left and right hold the shift key down

This works mainly with those mid points ...the corners work differently.... but worth knowing is holding CTRL down when dragging a corner holds everything in proportion and just scales the area big or small

Control not working still moves side to side as well as up and down.??
    0_1518105226436_Control Not working.gif

• OK...maybe its a MAC thing... On windows when I press CTRL ( should be equivalent to your Command key) the cursor hovering over that point tuns into a double headed arrow pointing up and down and it only moves up and down. There does not appear to be a way of customizing the modifier keys for this operation... All I can suggest is that you try all possible modifier key combinations and hopefully one woorks on a Mac .

• Actually ... I noticed that i Have to hold down CTRL before I click on the point. If I click on the point and then hold down CTRL then the cursor still changes but it does not restict to just up and down... ...is that your issue maybe ?

• @888toto Yes Mac Cmd key works fine Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.