• Banned

In Poser

1. I load V4, then I load Brooke Hair.
    2. I conform Brooke Hair to V4.
    3. Then I GOZ both V4 & Brooke Hair to Zbrush 4R8 P2

In Zbrush

1. I select V4 and append Brooke Hair
    2. I modify Brooke Hair geometry in Zbrush
    3. PROBLEM: When I GOZ Brooke Hair back to Poser it asks me if I want to import it as prop instead of applying the morph to the actual brook hair figure.

If I GOZ brooke hair to Zbrush and don't append and GOZ it back, then the morph gets applied correctly, but being able to APPEND is a HUGE part of the workflow. This used to work on Poser Pro 2014 with no problems. I wonder if I should try an older version of Zbrush or try Poser Pro 2014.

• Banned

I tried Zbrush 4R7 and everything works properly.

The problem is with Zbrush 4R8 P2 (or just 4R8). Hope this helps the Poser team.

Basically Zbrush 4R8 P2 will GOZ back an incorrect mesh ID or something ONLY when objects are appended. To clarify, when you append in Zbrush it seems to change the ID of the mesh to something Poser doesn't recognize. So if you append hair to V4 and then GOZ back the hair, Poser won't realize the hair is a figure in the scene and it will treat it as a prop and ask you if you want to import as a prop when it should be accepting it as a morph.

• Poser Ambassadors

I do it like this,
    First goz the character, then in zb clone it.
    Then back to Poser goz the hair, append the character.
    Morph the hair and goz back.

• Banned

@Biscuits said in Huge problem with GOZ between Poser 11 & Zbrush 4R8 P2:

I do it like this,
    First goz the character, then in zb clone it.
    Then back to Poser goz the hair, append the character.
    Morph the hair and goz back.

That's good to know and clever, but if you're constantly morphing both V4 & the hair, you'd want a direct link to both in Zbrush right?

• Poser Ambassadors

@trepleen You want to morph both at the same time?

What can break the goz link is saving the tool, or resaving the poser file/closing Poser I think if I'm not mistaken.

• Poser Ambassadors

I tried your exact steps, I use R8patch 2 aswell.

Goz V4 first, goz the hair second and then in ZB append V4, so the hair is always at the top in the hierarchy.
    Then Morph the hair goz gives you a morph option and not the prop.

The crucial part is the order, always goz the thing you want to make a morph for last and never append the thing you want to morph.

• Banned

@Biscuits said in Huge problem with GOZ between Poser 11 & Zbrush 4R8 P2:

I tried your exact steps, I use R8patch 2 aswell.

Goz V4 first, goz the hair second and then in ZB append V4, so the hair is always at the top in the hierarchy.
    Then Morph the hair goz gives you a morph option and not the prop.

The crucial part is the order, always goz the thing you want to make a morph for last and never append the thing you want to morph.

The way it's supposed to be is that it doesn't matter what order you go. No matter what figure you GOZ to Zbrush and no matter what you append to what, Poser should always know what ID is what. Let's say you export the hair twice and the hair was already appended in Zbrush, Poser should know to GOZ the same hair so a duplicate does not show up.

When I was using Poser Pro 2014 & GOZ, it was perfect. It seems Poser 11 is a downgrade in the GOZ department so far, either that or the new versions of Zbrush make the GOZ feature worse.

All I know is when I was using Poser Pro 2014 and even older versions of Zbrush, everything was working fine.

Just to clarify, I think 4R7 & Poser 11 are working fine so far, I think. I still have to test a few other things.