What I like best about Poser Pro 11.

• Here's what I like best about Poser Pro 11:

Superfly.

Superfly is a huge leap for Poser. I think it's the same kind of leap Poser made when it moved from the Poser 4 renderer to Firefly. Once people saw what Poser and Firefly could do, there was a storm of creativity. This is how it's been for me.

I think that's where we're at with Poser 11: the cusp of amazing things. Superfly gives Poser amazing abilities and it's native, not an add-on, and not a separate render program thing. It's built in. So Poser gives the user amazing abilities. It takes a bit of playing and learning, but it's so worth it.

And we're only just starting. These are still early days for Poser 11 and Superfly. As much as some people want to concentrate on the turmoil of the past half-year or so, this is in fact a really exciting time for Poser and Poser users. There's so much potential.

Ignore the doomsayers and go make cool stuff. :)

So what do you like best about Poser 11? Or Poser in general if you're using a different version?

• @James_in_3D I'm enjoying the leaps and bounds being made by the rigging tools. You're right, though, we are sitting on the cusp of really good, fun things.

Rigging has never been so easy. (Not saying there's not a learning curve, there is, but the tools have greatly improved making the curve smaller.)

• Poser Ambassadors

There are so many things to like that it is hard to choose just one.

SuperFLy, translations, the injection maker... The list goes on.

• @Glitterati3D said in What I like best about Poser Pro 11.:

@James_in_3D I'm enjoying the leaps and bounds being made by the rigging tools. You're right, though, we are sitting on the cusp of really good, fun things.

Rigging has never been so easy. (Not saying there's not a learning curve, there is, but the tools have greatly improved making the curve smaller.)

I haven't explored rigging, yet. It's on my list of Things I Should Really Have Learned To Do With Poser By Now. ;)

• @shvrdavid said in What I like best about Poser Pro 11.:

There are so many things to like that it is hard to choose just one.

SuperFLy, translations, the injection maker... The list goes on.

I agree, there's a big list of awesome stuff. Things are starting to look easy enough -- or at least user-friendly enough now -- to me that I want to start trying things I haven't bothered with in the past.

• Although minor, I love the library and sleeker GUI of Poser 11.

• @Cobra said in What I like best about Poser Pro 11.:

Although minor, I love the library and sleeker GUI of Poser 11.

Ah yes, the library. They've really smoothed things out there and have it working very very well. I'm very happy with it, too. I'm happy with the GUI -- it scales nicely on my monitor.

• LOVE the synergy with ZBrush! The way Poser Pro 11 handles the morph communication between the apps is just super sexy smooth.

• Anyone can teach me how to fix Tyler in superfly rendering.? Tyler become black.

• Poser Ambassadors

I like Superfly, The Materials, Library and I am in love with the clothroom and Hairroom. Both could use a update IMHO, but I use them massive.
    And that I can fix in Poser really quick poke through issues . The new morphtool is great.
    Copy morphs from also not to forget.

• A big plus is the auto save. I get busy and forget to save on my own. This has saved me tons of reworking. I like superfly. And the custom pallet option is great. There are probably more, but I've gotten to used to using them, I don't realize they're new anymore.

• Lots of cool things in P11. I like Superfly, particularly in combination with the Physical Surface root node, because of the quick and easy texture setup. I also enjoy the new library, the enhanced OpenGL preview, and above all the faster update cycles :) .

• @momogun Even if off-topic: The Firefly SSS shaders frequently do not work correctly with Superfly. The quick fix for this is: Download and install EZSkin3 from cgbytes.com (free). Restart Poser, import and select Tyler, start EZSkin3. Import the figure definitions included in the archive , and when asked for the figures you want to import, select at least Ryan. Click apply and wait.

• @momogun You need to use EZSkin3 to set up materials for the Superfly render. It's free, it's easy to use, you can grab it at cgbytes.com free in the store.

• @Cobra Minor. Ha. If you only knew how much toil went into making the library function. I'm glad, and I'm sure the engineers are too, that it is appreciated.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Teyon Actually the Poser library is one of the best. Very easy and not so cluttered . I know others where I bitching over them each time I open them.

• Yes, the new library is definitely appreciated :)

• @Teyon I've never had the trouble some folks report with the library and do enjoy that the Adobe products have been eliminated.

It's nice not worrying about who broke the library - MS or Adobe.

• Definitely nice to hear. Carry on, don't let me derail things.

• @n-i-c-l-a-s said in What I like best about Poser Pro 11.:

Lots of cool things in P11. I like Superfly, particularly in combination with the Physical Surface root node, because of the quick and easy texture setup. I also enjoy the new library, the enhanced OpenGL preview, and above all the faster update cycles :) .

The Physical Surface Root Node is amazing, isn't it? So easy to use.