Can the Poser team setup a tutorial on how to get perfect breast physics setup?

• Banned

Can Smith Micro make a video on youtube that explains how to setup breast jiggle physics and have it working perfectly? I want to move the figure up & down and have the breasts jiggle flawlessly at 60fps with no lag, similar to Skyrim. Unreal Engine & Source Film Maker can do this flawlessly with a figure that's 100k polys.

Is there a way to paint bullet physics in a third party program? The weight brush lags like crazy in Poser 11 which makes it impossible to paint the bullet physics required weights.

• Poser Ambassadors

Question : You have what render engine selected?
    If the SuperFLy render engine is selected the Poser UI and Morph brush will slow down.

If Preview or Firefly render engine is selected the morph brush should be smooth.

Yes, simply having the SuperFly render engine selected will slow the Poser UI down so select it ONLY when ready to render in SuperFly.

• @vilters I just learned something. But then again, I use a gaming laptop to work with and I don't notice lag in anything... that machine is incredible...

• I've also noticed that superfly is a CPU hog. It uses 98 to 100% of my Intel 4 cores @ 3.20 GHz. Is there a priority setting where you can use 1, half or all of your cores?

• @sray Poser's render engines are designed to use 1oo% of the available CPU. Check the User Preferences. I am not on my machine right now, or I'd give you a better answer.

• @sray https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/2480/less-processor-priority-while-rendering/7

I'm not sure if rendering in background in superfly actually helps. I just changed the path like bagginsbill suggested and I've been doing that since PP2012.

• @trepleen said in Can the Poser team setup a tutorial on how to get perfect breast physics setup?:

Can Smith Micro make a video on youtube that explains how to setup breast jiggle physics and have it working perfectly? I want to move the figure up & down and have the breasts jiggle flawlessly at 60fps with no lag, similar to Skyrim. Unreal Engine & Source Film Maker can do this flawlessly with a figure that's 100k polys.

Is there a way to paint bullet physics in a third party program? The weight brush lags like crazy in Poser 11 which makes it impossible to paint the bullet physics required weights.

I doubt that anyone at SM would be willing to make a "jiggling breast " tutorial for you. However, the Bullet Physics engine in Poser already has several video tutorials on line. Here's one I like from Mark Bremmer over at Renderosity. He's talking mainly about bullet cloth physics, but everything he says would also apply to making breast jiggle. Hope it helps.

• Erogenesis did some experiments and put it in a thread with a tutorial. I'm afraid I forgot the name of the thread, perhaps anyone else does remember it. He also placed a video of it. It was quite impressive.

• The biggest issue with setting up a tutorial is that there are more than one way of going about it.

The easiest way to do it is with Self Constraint, but that is not always the best way of going about it.

Start out by setting the entire body at .5 weight, then paint in areas you don't want to have any giggle at all.
    Things like the hands, feet, head, etc will be set to 1. Joints can be an issue and may require stiffening them up weight wise depending on the number of rotations used in the animation.

As example.
    ***=NSFW content***

click to show

I don't use Live simulation much at all, it takes a lot of resources to do so and I do a lot of this on a notebook.
    Keep in mind that you have to clear the simulation to make changes to it, for the most part.
    Bullet needs some sort of velocity to go on. So you can, and usually will, add keyed morphs to it to help it along when using self constraints.

If you don't want to use morphs, you can do it with animated constraints that are parented as well. And that is set up a lot differently. Either way you look at it, or go about it, something will usually be keyed.

Bullet isn't a complete replacement for using morphs, and can be a lot of work to get it right.

• You guys astound me... I always thought that simulation of perfect breast physics would involve water, sugar, some juice and gelatin... then heat up in water, pour in a cup and refrigerate for 4 hours...

... hey, wait that's a recipe for jello... nevermind me...

• @fbs7 said in Can the Poser team setup a tutorial on how to get perfect breast physics setup?:

You guys astound me... I always thought that simulation of perfect breast physics would involve water, sugar, some juice and gelatin... then heat up in water, pour in a cup and refrigerate for 4 hours...

... hey, wait that's a recipe for jello... nevermind me...

I rarely do. ;)

• I tried this using a tutorial they had posted at Renderosity, and could never get it to work quite right. I may revisit this one day when I don't have anything else going on with my laptop. I am usually modeling or rendering with it.