2018 - Regarding Mixamo FBX into Poser Pro 11
ibr_remote last edited by ibr_remote
As some of us already know, Mixamo no longer stores models and animations online for us, but we can still download the FBX geometry with animation. I generated several FBX files from Mixamo and tried to get them inside Poser Pro 11. The figure comes in horribly twisted, and even BVH Helper (an add-on utility) appears not to be able to fix the problem. There is a solution:
- Launch Blender 3D (I am using version 2.78c), and delete the default cube
- Import the Mixamo FBX file into Blender, and select it in the scene contents hierarchy.
- Export the FBX as a differently named file (use the default export options; they seem to work fine)
- Close the Blender scene and start a new one - this is very important. (If you merely delete the content which you imported, and import a fresh Mixamo FBX file, Blender remembers the older file and you won't be able to export the next FBX file).
- Launch Poser Pro 11 (latest version at this time).
- Import the FBX file you had exported from Blender. Geometry scale = 100% is fine.
- Trim the animation of the figure so that you get a looping motion.
- Export as FBX (Poser defaults are fine). Make sure you export all the frames you need for the looping animation, when Poser prompts you during the export process.
- Save as a different filenamed FBX.