Bullet Physics - Unable to use brush on Pauline2

• I am going through the steps to create bullet physics on Pauline2.
    I get up to the point where I select Pauline, Create a "physics", then I use self-constraint and hit the paintbrush.
    I use Set All to 1.0, and select weight 0.05, and pick a brush. The brush WILL NOT select anything on Pauline, it only selects vertices in the backdrop.

• @bryan_valencia I seem to remember having problems with vertex selection in the grouping tool (though not directly related to Bullet Physics simulations, it may still apply) were related to camera hither settings. Set the camera hither to 0 to ensure that nothing in the foreground is masking your figure vertices.

The other thing to try would be to make everything in the scene invisible, except the figure.

• @bryan_valencia said in Bullet Physics - Unable to use brush on Pauline2:

I use Set All to 1.0, and select weight 0.05, and pick a brush. The brush WILL NOT select anything on Pauline, it only selects vertices in the backdrop.

One thing to check is to see if Pauline is selected in the "Current Figure" menu. Sometimes Poser loses focus and you need to reselect the item from the menu before continuing. Object focus seems to have some issues.

• @Deecey I remember that was an issue with the morphing brush at one point.

• @Deecey said in Bullet Physics - Unable to use brush on Pauline2:

One thing to check is to see if Pauline is selected in the "Current Figure" menu. Sometimes Poser loses focus and you need to reselect the item from the menu before continuing. Object focus seems to have some issues.

I have Pauline selected in the Property window, and the Bullet Simulation and the "Object" selection above the Properties/Constraints tabs. I see nothing called a "Current Figure" menu.

@eclark1849 Do you remember the solution to the problem?

• @bryan_valencia

The menu up at the top left of the document window ....

0_1519755274806_currentfigure.png

• This is what I am seeing.

• @bryan_valencia You self constrained Pauline's entire body. What exactly are you TRYING to do?

• @eclark1849 I set the whole body to 1, and was trying to paint an area of 0.05 using the brush. The brush refused to interact with Pauline2 at all and kept snapping to backdrop vertices instead.

• @eclark1849

First you "self constrain" the whole figure to indentify the parts that you don't want to "jiggle." Then you use the paint brush to create less constraint on the parts that you do want to jiggle.

I did notice in the second video that something seemed off when Pauline was added to the self constrained group. First, something seemed off to me in the way the figure was selected. I can't verify right now what you're supposed to see there because I'm having Windows issues today and can't open Poser at the moment. But in the second video, he expands the "Restrict to" options to select either a group or a material, and even though Pauline is selected as the bullet physics object, the Dynamics Weights palette is somehow referencing the Ground object. This is odd, and I wanted to try to figure out what is causing that to happen. Unfortunately I can't do that at the moment.

• Your problem is real simple. I ran into awhile back and the fix is to change your display settings from SreeD Software to OpenGL hardware. Find it under Display->Preview Drawing. This effects all drawings with the weight maps.

• @richard60 yes, that would tie in with the camera hither setting which works differently in the two display modes.

• Check to see if your figure or parts of your figure are 'locked'.

• That did it! THanks!

@richard60 said in Bullet Physics - Unable to use brush on Pauline2:

Your problem is real simple. I ran into awhile back and the fix is to change your display settings from SreeD Software to OpenGL hardware. Find it under Display->Preview Drawing. This effects all drawings with the weight maps.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.