Is there a way to select and apply many materials in the material room, or is this a wish list item?

• I think we can only apply materials to one item or all in the material room. Yet when we create a material file in the material folder, we can choose one or all or click the ones we want. Am I missing something?

• @willshetterly there is a workflow which has that effect, but probably not in the way you're imagining. If you choose a subset of materials to be saved to the library as a material collection, only those materials will be saved and subsequently applied when you load that saved material collection, leaving the unselected materials unchanged.

Unfortunately, the load selection, when a single material (not collection) is applied in the pose room, rather than the material room, only allows the selection of a single material, not a subset of materials, so the inverse to the original saved subset, has not been implemented in Poser, yet.

Other, external products, like Shader Spider, a set of wacros for the Material Room, used to be available. I'm not sure if they're still available or compatible with Poser 11, as I haven't used them for some time.

• Unfortunately you can't you either select and use the right click apply to all or copy and go to individual mat zones a paste / replace, it is certainly functionality I would like, maybe I might get the Python out of the basket

• Dimension3D's XS script can do this, and more.

• @englishbob said in Is there a way to select and apply many materials in the material room, or is this a wish list item?:

Dimension3D's XS script can do this, and more.

Then I will put the Python back in her basket :)

• @englishbob

Interesting. It says Poser 8+, but do you know if it will recognize the Physical Surface or Cycles Surface nodes?

• @Deecey said in Is there a way to select and apply many materials in the material room, or is this a wish list item?:

@englishbob

Interesting. It says Poser 8+, but do you know if it will recognize the Physical Surface or Cycles Surface nodes?

According to the documentation, it is Poser 11 aware; but I think may be limited to copying only the surface nodes that are already there. I have so far only used it on simple Poser 10 compatible Firefly type materials.

It may also be worth mentioning a small bug, where XS can be confused the first time you use it and throw an error. This can be avoided by applying a material from the library (it can be anything) before running XS. Ralf was aware of this but sadly had not had time to address it. :(

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.