Python help. Delete Polygon

• Hi,

I'm really hoping this isn't one of those, "that hasn't been exposed in python" gotchas. In the grouping tool one of the options is "Delete Polygons", I'm trying to replicate that in Python but although I've looked through the manual and done a google search I'm drawing a blank.

• You can call the internal command like this. No idea what will happen thou.....

poser.ProcessCommand(9030)

• @shvrdavid said in Python help. Delete Polygon:

You can call the internal command like this. No idea what will happen thou.....

poser.ProcessCommand(9030)

Only one way to find out :o)

• This is one of the things that can be via GUI, but not via Python.

People have been trying to champion with SM for quite some time to have these gaps covered with Python, but there are several of them.

• @fbs7 Yes I know that's why I said I "I'm really hoping this isn't one of those, "that hasn't been exposed in python" gotchas" I've bashed my head against so many of those in the past it gets really frustrating, and it doesn't help that somethings are listed in the python manual and some aren't so you are never sure if it has been exposed and not documented or isn't exposed at all :(

• @amethystpendant given the gaping holes in Poser's Python API, and the hyst... err... historical reasons which may (have) exist(ed) for not filling them, I would suggest that the simplest way to edit geometries may be to just identify which polygons are to be excluded from the desired geometry, construct a new geometry from the existing, without the excluded polygons and supplant the original geometry. A kludge, I know, but Poser has never been touted as a geometry development tool.