Transfer Morphs from 3's to 4's (Not Genesis)

• Is there a way to transfer Daz figure 3's into figure 4's? I'm trying to get these V3 Horn morphs transferred but everything I have tried doesn't work. I have so much V3-M3-A3 morphs, it would be nice to use them on the 4's.

0_1520017086764_d6665901-1496-4a34-b984-8370eb798592-image.png

• Hi there...first things first, your head-morph for v3 looks pretty good.
    To your question, i have to admit, i did not try to, but i have a pretty good reason to think that this will not work.
    The V3 mesh is to different in numbers of polygons and topologie to V4.
    V4 mesh has much more polygons and her geometrie is more detailed.
    You have to re-create the morps for V4, im afraid.
    I know, thats not the answer you want, sorry.

• Poser Ambassadors

You "can" try to project the morph from figure A to figure B.
    Load both figures and position them that both heads occupy the same space in Poser.
    Then look at my Video2 in the Poser2Blender2Poser series on how to detail the Poser figures.

You "can" project any morph from any mesh onto any other mesh.

If you want to "copy" other parts as torso or arms or legs, reposition the "donor" figure so that the parts you want to copy from are as aligned as possible to the figure getting the morphs.

• @marco I had stopped Posering about 8 years ago and only a few months ago picked it back up. I upgraded my version of Poser to the latest and then just a few days ago I got the pro version which I had never done before. I was hoping in the years where I stopped something had come along like GenX for DS, but for Poser.

@vilters Thanks, I will check that out and see how it works.

• Poser Ambassadors

Cage made a script to do this a long time ago:
    http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage/TDMT_Match/TDMT.html

• @Snarlygribbly said in Transfer Morphs from 3's to 4's (Not Genesis):

So according to that page it looks like it would work with Poser 7 and 8, both of which I have, unless I'm reading it wrong. I might try that too if the suggestion from vilters isn't working out for me.

• @shadow_fyre said in Transfer Morphs from 3's to 4's (Not Genesis):

@Snarlygribbly said in Transfer Morphs from 3's to 4's (Not Genesis):

So according to that page it looks like it would work with Poser 7 and 8, both of which I have, unless I'm reading it wrong. I might try that too if the suggestion from vilters isn't working out for me.

I tried the script in Poser 7 and Poser 11. It worked in both version until it get's to 60% processed and then it just stops, seemingly. I let it run for at least and hour and no further progress. It has great promise though, I just wish it would have worked. Also, for version 7, I wasn't sure where to put the files for the tdmt_pyd.zip.

• @vilters said in Transfer Morphs from 3's to 4's (Not Genesis):

You "can" try to project the morph from figure A to figure B.
    Load both figures and position them that both heads occupy the same space in Poser.
    Then look at my Video2 in the Poser2Blender2Poser series on how to detail the Poser figures.

You "can" project any morph from any mesh onto any other mesh.

If you want to "copy" other parts as torso or arms or legs, reposition the "donor" figure so that the parts you want to copy from are as aligned as possible to the figure getting the morphs.

I was so excited to try this method out. I wish I had thought of that, I do love using the morph tool. I got my 2 figures aligned and went for it! Only problem was the vertices in V4 just didn't want to follow those horn morphs very well. I fiddled with it for a couple of hours and then I gave up. Part of the problem is I wish it was easier to move the vertice points where you want, like just move, not push, pull, screen, surface. This was was my result before I got frustrated, which needs a lot more work.

0_1520187989389_840e2915-560f-4b72-8758-b7204ae3ec3b-image.png

PS - This waiting for over 2 hours before I can make another post is getting highly irritating.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.