Sync only brush settings Mac to Mac

• I understand: " ASSETS, at the top right you will see a symbol similar to a "gear" (a configuration symbol)
    if you select it, it gives you the option to "see where your materials are on your computer"
    and you can even change the location of where they are.
    that means (that knowing the location) you can and will allow you to copy the folder or even share it with the other computer.
    But I only want to share brush settings and update the other computer with added brushes, I do not want to share any materials other than brushes and brush settings is there a way to achieve this? Thank you.

• Yes, you should be able to copy the correct folders. I've done it with all my settings, not just the brush settings. But I just tried to find the right files and give it a go. Here's what you do: On the machine you want to take settings from go to user/library/Celsys/CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0. That folder contains all your various settings. BrushPreset and Tool are the two folders you would need to copy to your other computer/same folders, or just copy for backup. The BrushPreset has your added brushes, and the Tool folder has your tool palette setup so you can find those tools in the places you expect them.

You can also copy and sync your material database to another computer by finding the right files. The only files that don't seem to transfer well are WorkSpace if you are moving to a device with a different size display. In general I copy all the files because I want my materials and shortcuts and tools and toolbars to work the same.

I'd make a backup before hand in case something messes up or drag your Tool and BrushPreset folders out of the destination computer so you can put the originals back if need be.

• @PGross said in Sync only brush settings Mac to Mac:

Yes, you should be able to copy the correct folders. I've done it with all my settings, not just the brush settings. But I just tried to find the right files and give it a go. Here's what you do: On the machine you want to take settings from go to user/library/Celsys/CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0. That folder contains all your various settings. BrushPreset and Tool are the two folders you would need to copy to your other computer/same folders, or just copy for backup. The BrushPreset has your added brushes, and the Tool folder has your tool palette setup so you can find those tools in the places you expect them.

You can also copy and sync your material database to another computer by finding the right files. The only files that don't seem to transfer well are WorkSpace if you are moving to a device with a different size display. In general I copy all the files because I want my materials and shortcuts and tools and toolbars to work the same.

I'd make a backup before hand in case something messes up or drag your Tool and BrushPreset folders out of the destination computer so you can put the originals back if need be.

OK it's a bit confusing there are a lot of files. I found one " BrushPreset.bfps " do you think that is the brush settings that is what I am mostly interested in sharing so I have the same brush settings on both my home and studio Mac Book pros.
    Here is the file path: /Users/my name/Library/CELSYS/CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0/BrushPreset/BrushPreset.bfps

• @uncle808us That should work. I just replaced the whole BrushPreset folder, but replacing the contents of the folder should be the same result. If you don't replace the tool folder, I have no idea where all the added brushes will go.

• In principle (I have not tried it) one should be able to make whole sets, one could slap in and out. Fx all watercolors in one set and so on.

Mic

• @Micmac said in Sync only brush settings Mac to Mac:

In principle (I have not tried it) one should be able to make whole sets, one could slap in and out. Fx all watercolors in one set and so on.

Mic

I have not been able to check this yet. Busy day, but as soon as I can I will and I will report my results here.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.