With Preview renders, how do we hide the camera type text?

• I always cropped my images until today, when I did a full window render and saw the text for "Main Camera" in the upper lefthand corner. Is there a way to turn off the camera notification when rendering?

• @willshetterly I've never done such a large render, so have never run into that issue before. I'm really surprised it would do that, as that's really Preview mode, not Render mode.

Or did you by any chance render the Preview. I've never done that, but I've seen posts where folks have done so, and I would assume, in that case, you would then see Main Camera in the render.

Hmmmmm, now you have me curious, so I guess I'll have to try it out for myself.

• @Miss-B For comic book mode, we have to render in Preview. I usually like the effect, and now that I know about the camera text being rendered, I can work around it. But it would be nice to render the full window without it.

• What if you rename main camera into something less ' present'?

• @fverbaas Interesting idea, but when I was googling how to change the name, I found what I needed by accident: Under Display, you can Show or Hide Camera Names. I must've toggled it on by accident somehow. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• Are you doing an actual render in preview mode or just antialias document from the render menu?

If you are doing a render, the camera name shouldn't be showing up.

• @willshetterly render your preview via menu render->render setting->select "preview tab"-> click render button.
    No camera name will appear, just save you render as you usually do with a normal render.

• @willshetterly said in With Preview renders, how do we hide the camera type text?:

@Miss-B For comic book mode, we have to render in Preview. I usually like the effect, and now that I know about the camera text being rendered, I can work around it. But it would be nice to render the full window without it.

Ahhh, I've only tried that type of rendering once just to see what it was all about, and I've never done one that large in size, so didn't realize it would grab the name of the camera.

I also like the other responses you've gotten in this thread. Very useful information for sure.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B said in With Preview renders, how do we hide the camera type text?:

@willshetterly said in With Preview renders, how do we hide the camera type text?:

@Miss-B For comic book mode, we have to render in Preview. I usually like the effect, and now that I know about the camera text being rendered, I can work around it. But it would be nice to render the full window without it.

Ahhh, I've only tried that type of rendering once just to see what it was all about, and I've never done one that large in size, so didn't realize it would grab the name of the camera.

It doesn't do that. Will is using words poorly. There are multiple renderers. FireFly is one. SuperFly is another, Preview is another. If you actually RENDER using the Preview Renderer (it's got its own tab) you will not get any of the preview WINDOW junk, which is its own window that ALSO uses the Preview Renderer but overlays stuff on it.

Preview Window does not equal Preview Renderer. A Preview Render appears on the Render tab, not the Preview tab.

• @bagginsbill Thanks for the clarification BB.

• @bagginsbill All I can say is yesterday I got the text and I probably got it using the Preview Renderer, which is how I almost always render. Today I tried to recreate the problem and could not—not using the Preview tab and not using Command-R.

Sometimes Poser behaves oddly for me. Maybe if I'd rebooted last night, everything would've been fine. That's the only explanation I have for why I can't recreate the problem today.