SuperFly volumetric breath/water vapour shader (Not clouds)?

• @anomalaus Would the new 3D paths in P11.1 help at all with this?

• @amethystpendant mmmmaybe...? Looking at the manual still leaves the question of how an object binds to the path and interpolates between waypoints. It's the same situation with constraints. I want the grouping object the breath is parented to, to be constrained to the mouth until the frame in which the breath animation starts, and then I need the grouping object to be unconstrained, but maintain the exact position and orientation (and scale) it was last constrained to. Then it needs to remain fixed until that breath cycle completes, so the vector isn't changed by continued movement of the head. As soon as the breath cycle completes, the grouping object can be constrained to the new mouth position until the next breath cycle begins (which may be only a single frame).

I can't (yet) see anything in 3D path or constraint documentation, which can do the copying of position and orientation that's necessary. I may still have to resort to a simple python script to be run at the frames where the breath cycles start, to copy the world position and orientation of the constraint object to the grouping object and then zero the constraint parameter. (If Poser's Python API allows).

• @anomalaus said in SuperFly volumetric breath/water vapour shader (Not clouds)?:
    (If Poser's Python API allows).

Probably a no then

• @seachnasaigh I've found @Snarlygribbly 's Particles3+ particle system which does appear to still work in Poser Pro 11.1, so I'll have a go with that and see if I can constrain it's particle emitter to the figure's mouth and use my material with it's PRT3_Life node as the driver for the Scatter Volume Density via some math transformations to match my valueOperation Key profile. I'll probably also see if the source code is amenable to taking into account Poser UI units setting so it's a bit less impenetrable.

@amethystpendant unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to identify either the constraint parameters or the constraint target actor or client from within Poser Python, as yet. (Attention @Poser-Team we need full Python exposure and operability for new features when they are released, not decades to never!)