PhilC's cloth settings?

• Thanks! I thought I'd seen something about loading them, but I didn't know how. And then I came across a thread that seemed to me to imply they had been removed.

But since I was obviously mistaken there, I'll click the gear and try them out :) They'll give me a starting point at least. I love the cloth room, but mostly stick with the default settings because I can never remember what to change and to what :)

• @trekkiegrrrl Let me know how you get on, I've had very little feedback on EZCloth, although I use it all the time.

• @amethystpendant
    Hi Amanda,
    I use EZcloth everytime I'm using the cloth-room. It's a great tool and it works perfectly in PoserPro 11. There are some great settings that weren't be possible before. I love the cloth-cloth force setting which make simulations much better with overlapping cloth. Great job.

Bopper.

• @amethystpendant said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

@trekkiegrrrl Let me know how you get on, I've had very little feedback on EZCloth, although I use it all the time.

You got a download link so I can list it in the directory?

• @bopperthijs said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

@amethystpendant
    Hi Amanda,
    I use EZcloth everytime I'm using the cloth-room. It's a great tool and it works perfectly in PoserPro 11. There are some great settings that weren't be possible before. I love the cloth-cloth force setting which make simulations much better with overlapping cloth. Great job.

Bopper.

That's really encouraging to know, i really thought I was the only person using it :)

@eclark1849 said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

EZCloth

I might host it on shareCG at somepoint if I ever get around to writing the documentation

• @amethystpendant said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

@bopperthijs said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

@amethystpendant
    Hi Amanda,

Bopper.

That's really encouraging to know, i really thought I was the only person using it :)

@eclark1849 said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

EZCloth

I might host it on shareCG at somepoint if I ever get around to writing the documentation

I'm going to wait until you move it to ShareCG with a brief description of what it is and is supposed to do then. While I trust you and know what the utility is, When I link to that page it immediately wants to download the file to my computer. I try my best to avoid links like that and I just can't bring myself to do it to someone else.

• @eclark1849 said in PhilC's cloth settings?:

I'm going to wait until you move it to ShareCG with a brief description of what it is and is supposed to do then. While I trust you and know what the utility is, When I link to that page it immediately wants to download the file to my computer. I try my best to avoid links like that and I just can't bring myself to do it to someone else.

Totally understand and I agree with your logic, I put it there so people could test it whilst it was in development

Amanda

• @amethystpendant I used some of the settings for my latest freebie, the Sailor set for V4 :) (on the skirt, mostly)

It was very easy to use, and once I found PhilC's presets, it helped a lot :D
    alt text

• @trekkiegrrrl Good to know, and nice set!

A

• @amethystpendant I use EZCloth every time I use the cloth room. I thought I'd mentioned that at the time; if not I apologise for not giving proper recognition for how useful it is, if I did I don't mind mentioning it again!

I ought to stress that they aren't strictly PhilC's presets, he just encapsulated some values that were posted on the RDNA forum. I've added a couple of my own presets - one to replace the latex which acts rather strangely for me at least, and a lighter leather preset. If anyone's interested, edit the following into your ezcloth.per file (best make a backup first!)

[EB Latex]
    cloth_foldresistance = 600.0
    cloth_shearresistance = 200.0
    cloth_stretchresistance = 250.0
    cloth_stretchdamping = 0.8
    cloth_density = 0.4
    cloth_selffriction = 0.4
    cloth_staticfriction = 0.5
    cloth_dynamicfriction = 0.3
    cloth_airdamping = 0.75
    cloth_clothlothforce = 10.0
    cloth_bendrate = 0.0
    cloth_uscale = 1.0
    cloth_vscale = 1.0

[Lighter Leather]
    cloth_foldresistance = 15.0
    cloth_shearresistance = 240.0
    cloth_stretchresistance = 75.0
    cloth_stretchdamping = 0.1
    cloth_density = 0.005
    cloth_selffriction = 0.0
    cloth_staticfriction = 0.5
    cloth_dynamicfriction = 0.1
    cloth_airdamping = 0.02
    cloth_clothlothforce = 10.0
    cloth_bendrate = 0.0
    cloth_uscale = 1.0
    cloth_vscale = 1.0

Offered without warranty of any kind, of course. :)

• @trekkiegrrrl Cute outfit indeed.

• @englishbob Making notes of these. Thanks.