Same texture names

• I have 2 figures I want to use in a scene. Unfortunately, the names of some of their textures are the same. The both use torso.jpg and head.jpg. Poser wants to use the same texture map for both of them. Of course, the UV maps are not the same. Is there some way I can tell poser to use both maps without going through a bunch of hoops to change names or the cr2 file?

• @redphantom said in Same texture names:

I have 2 figures I want to use in a scene. Unfortunately, the names of some of their textures are the same. The both use torso.jpg and head.jpg. Poser wants to use the same texture map for both of them. Of course, the UV maps are not the same. Is there some way I can tell poser to use both maps without going through a bunch of hoops to change names or the cr2 file?

Are the maps in the same location? Just change the names of the maps then.

• No, the maps are in different folders.

• @redphantom Copy the texture maps and give them a new name for one of the figures then swap the old named textures for the new and save a material collection library preset for it. Now you can load the other and there wont be a conflict.

• Yes, it was a poor decision to effectively index on the filename, but I'm guessing it is to be able to copy the files and have them unique for things like Queue render (if it worked!) just rename torso.jpg for one of the characters to torso_charname.jpg and you will be good to go