Buying CSP "Gold" in order to buy materials?

• I've been attempting to buy Gold credits, but the broken English on the pages I've been routed to is confusing and unclear (and a bit disconcerting, for that matter) -- anybody know if there's a reliable walkthrough out there for buying Gold and paying for CSP assets with USD?

• It's pretty straight forward. Go to an asset you want to buy. Click Checkout Now. Click Buy Gold. Sign in. Enter your credit card info and you get 1000 Gold per $10.

• @garlam @garlam Perhaps we're talking about two different things? I should have specified that I'm doing this at assets.clip-studio.com, and not through the portal on the application. When I find an asset I'm interested in buying, I click the big red button that says "Purchase/Acquire" on it.

This in turn brings up a popup with has a red button and a green button, the former of which says "Purchased at 100 Gold" on it, the latter of which says "Acquired with 200 Clippy."

Clicking on the red "Gold" button opens a new window again, this one saying "the balance of GOLD is insufficient," with a link that says "Here when purchasing GOLD."

Clicking THAT takes me to a new page with lots of Google-Translated text (as well as several Japanese graphics that never translate) with buttons that read "Auto-charge setting/change," "Purchase with credit card" and "purchase at convenience store."

Does this sound right to you? Should I just be clicking through the "purchase with credit card" button and going from there?

I find the lack of (complete) translation and the dodgy English a bit disconcerting, as I don't read Japanese and I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Am I even at the right website?

• I've gone through the Japanese site before to purchase gold and had no problems. As far as I can remember you just enter the credit card info when you get to that page. But it seems easier to do through the Clip Studio portal now (at least for English speakers). Why not just use the Clip Studio portal?

• @garlam I follow the official CSP twitter, which posted a link to a brush I was interested in. Since the search function through the portal is (in my experience) largely useless, I couldn't locate the brush through tthe app -- which necessitated going through their webstore instead.

I finally landed at using the camera function on the Google Translate app so that I could parse the website's various graphics and determine what to click, etc. -- it did ultimately work, but that was a long way to go to buy a brush, you know? I really wish there were a native English translation division at Smith Micro; slogging through bad Google-translated asset descriptions is a huge drag.

Thanks for your help, BTW. I appreciate it.

• @inkandpaint said in Buying CSP "Gold" in order to buy materials?:

I really wish there were a native English translation division at Smith Micro; slogging through bad Google-translated asset descriptions is a huge drag.

I think a big part of this problem is that celsys have not officially launched the paid asset marketplace in the west (correct me if I am wrong), therefore the shoddy translation and unclear idea of how to use it.

did their English twitter post the premium content link?.. I must have missed it.

• @nekomata said in

I think a big part of this problem is that celsys have not officially launched the paid asset marketplace in the west (correct me if I am wrong), therefore the shoddy translation and unclear idea of how to use it.

There isn't really an official English marketplace but it isn't so hard to go through the Clip Studio app to purchase Gold which can then be used to buy assets. The process is in English (when going through Clip Studio). The difficulty comes in when you go to the Japanese marketplace website. That isn't in English and you're fumbling around a little if you want to buy Gold. I would suggest that people buy Gold using the Clip Studio portal then when looking around the Japanese site or the CSP twitter feed you will have Gold on hand to make purchases.

I do find it unfortunate that Gold can't be purchased using PayPal. They need to get on that. And it isn't so easy for those of us in the west to earn Clippys. It would be nice if they could get that worked out as well.